Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    High chance that I’m going to be on my local radio station between 7-10 tonight 😬
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    workmen have finally finished re-insulating the house :) now to enjoy some peace and quiet in a warmer house :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Went into college to be told by a lecturer my head tutor has picked me for some kind of things called learners voice, I have no idea what it is but maybe I should be proud?  😂

Also I was nominated for an award here at the mix that I mistook for spam so shows the level of confidence in myself 😂 while I won't be able to attend I'm still quite happy that I got nominated (not sure by who but thanks to them!  💕) 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    me and my Dad finally agreed on a dress (felt like I had to get his approval since he's buying it lol)
    https://www.emp.co.uk/p/victoria-dress/378891.html

he said no to the batman and five finger death punch one :( but I like this one, it adds a bit of my style into it and I think its kinda formal? I don't know haha. the main thing I wanted was for it to cover my arms which this one does so no cardi! bonus :)

so it's official... ive decided to go to the awards... theres no backing out now :) kinda excited!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I get to spend the day with my niece today -
    were having the bestest Aunty Aimee day that’s going to have arts a crafts , story time , lunch out with grandad and making some cupcakes for Her mummy and matts 1 year anniversary 

feel like I did good with the amount and array of things I got for all the arts and crafts stuff ! 

And her suprise for when she arrives is grandad has brought her Katie,Jasper,baby and chantenay carrot and the wicked parsnip ! Can’t wait to see her face I love her to absolute bits 💖
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Had my last counselling session of the year. Being left on my own for a month last time this happened I joined the mix 2 years ago. So looking forward to seeing how it goes and if i can do a month especially with my niece one the way and Christmas as i am the Grinch. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    I don't have to have my Spanish test on Tuesday because I have in school suspension. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Kasa2103 said:
    I don't have to have my Spanish test on Tuesday because I have in school suspension. 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
    Hmm, not sure why you'd feel happy about a school suspension... But hey ho. You may still have to take the test anyway, that's usually how it works. 
    Enjoy the test when the time comes. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,794 Master Poster
    I won't have to because in school suspension is sitting in a room doing core subject work.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    ShadowofusShadowofus Posts: 19 Settling in
    I had a trip last week to London and I had the pleasure of meeting Lucy and Eve at VoiceCollective. I cried when I said goodbye (I made my family cry lol) I didnt think I'de see Lucy and Eve again (because London is too far for me to travel on my own) but my support worker said she might be able to come with me once a month or something. She has just got to pass it by her manager because it would be a whole day out. So I might be able to see them again so this is relativley good news :))
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I ordered a new laptop a few days ago (mine has been broken for months) and my sister’s just texted me to tell me it’s arrived!!! Just in time for my birthday!! I am so glad! I’ve really struggled without it in terms of school and have really really missed you guys in chat and on the boards (have to use my iPad for the boards and my phone for chat atm)!! Should be back very soon now! I’m having an amazing birthday too!!! Just such a good day!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    So glad to hear that @independent_

And a very happy late birtday to you! 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Woke up feeing more positive today somehow, don't know how after the shit week I've had but just going to roll with it :) doing a bit of tidying up then going to reply to my ever growing pile of letters haha
  • Options
    Really happy with how CAMHS went yesterday she was lovely and one of the first things we did was make a safety plan and if I ever need to to talk to her if everything too much then to just ring and she’ll speak to me if she can 
  • Options
    Really happy with how CAMHS went yesterday she was lovely and one of the first things we did was make a safety plan and if I ever need to to talk to her if everything too much then to just ring and she’ll speak to me if she can 
    So glad it went well!  💕My counselling was awesome today so glad I signed up :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    My laptop is fantastic!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    My laptop is fantastic!!!
    Oooh fab!  So glad :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Been working at my current job 5 years today! :) Excuse my language but it's also my annual Fuck you to the dick of a psychiatrist that said I would never hold down a job, and end up either dead or in jail :lol:   

Also bringing back #FearFoodFriday today and having a takeaway tonight to celebrate... WITH a pudding too :scream:  Scared but it's worth it :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Been working at my current job 5 years today! :) Excuse my language but it's also my annual Fuck you to the dick of a psychiatrist that said I would never hold down a job, and end up either dead or in jail :lol:   

Also bringing back #FearFoodFriday today and having a takeaway tonight to celebrate... WITH a pudding too :scream:  Scared but it's worth it :)
    So glad to hear you're feeling positive!  I'm joining in with fear food Friday and making an actual tea(which I consider chicken wraps and chips)  spooky but feeling positive about it x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Meggles said:
    Work Christmas party and I feel good

That's great Meggles!  :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    As for me personally.  

Got my eye test all sorted they were all lovely and just waiting on my new glasses to be ready.  They look awesome and he also fixed my old ones for the time being so my ears won't be cut into anymore 😂

Really wanted the hipster pair but I don't suit them 😭 these were cheaper and much nicer tho anyway 😂😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Chinese For dinner - perfect way to end a shit day 😂
    chicken chow mien , egg fried rice chips and of course prawn crackers 
  • Options
    Sounds super yummy 😂 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Laine said:
    Sounds super yummy 😂 
    @laine ohh it will be I’m so excited 😆 I haven’t had Chinese in awhile 
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Sounds super yummy 😂 
    Me neither actually! Usually get takeaways at my partners 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Laine said:
    Laine said:
    Sounds super yummy 😂 
    Me neither actually! Usually get takeaways at my partners 😂
    We normally have takeaway on a Friday but dad hasn’t been working the last few Fridays as he gets in on the way home 
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I've been offered a new job :mrgreen:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    I had a vet come see my gorgeous guinea pig today, and they said she's in good health. They also helped me groom her (she's a cheerful and confident little thing but doesn't like being held/groomed so despite my efforts her claws got long and she got a matt - but that's all sorted now). I love that ball of fluff =)
  • Options
    Spent the morning wrapping presents and making up parcel boxes for disadvantaged children in my area. I love to help people out so I thought ‘why not’ and I’m so glad I did it, knowing how much those kids will appreciate them is amazing!