Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I'm not getting sectioned!  =)=)
    I didn't think they would. Congratulations anyway! I'm so relieved for you, @BubblesGoesBoo  =)
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Floxy said:
    I didn't think they would. Congratulations anyway! I'm so relieved for you, @BubblesGoesBoo  =)
    Thanks, there's talk of me going back on a cto but I dunno, I hope not. The nurses got pissed off with the psychiatrist, he literally walked in said 'once you're medically cleared you can go home' and walked back out, no how are you or anything haha. Oh well,hopefully home today :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Floxy said:
    Thanks, there's talk of me going back on a cto but I dunno, I hope not. The nurses got pissed off with the psychiatrist, he literally walked in said 'once you're medically cleared you can go home' and walked back out, no how are you or anything haha. Oh well,hopefully home today :) 
    How rude. :/  Wretched man was probably a psych consultant about to run off to a private job and get paid 10x as much!

But it's the same with all hospital docs. They say 'you're going home today', and leave the staff nurse with a bunch of patients to discharge, but discharging isn't merely ticking a form and letting you go home. It's a highly responsible administration duty and staff nurses, the dark blue uniformed ones have a terrible time. After my time in hospital last June, I wasn't discharged til the day after they said I could go home.

It's wasp time, homies. Although it's cloudy today we trot outside for breakfast on the hotel terrace only to be raided by wasps. How I wish I had my amped up zapper racquet! :p
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Results are in: 
    English - 5 marks of a C/4 so I got a D(3)- same as my bestie Paige
    Music 2 merits in the exams overall distinction merit

I am actually happy with that. Improvement on last year. Now can I prank Jan and Elena tonight and say i have failed? Or is that mean?
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2018
    Should be going on hoilday this year, some time in October, with my sisters. Totally excited cause I’ve never even been out of England. But kinda sounds stressful :/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZsoesa55w Baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    My good news is my Snake is no longer ill :) And he is beginning to shed which is very exciting. I hung out with my sister today and we solved puzzles together. Now back to my essay, but I got to my word count goal for this week so I feel motivated :D 

Good luck for everyone who got their GCSE results back today!
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    got a call about Socks! (my dads cat that went missing) praying it's her, it's been over a month now.

update: couldn't find her but apparently she's been spotted in the area for a few days now, and theyre 90% certain it's socks :) going back tomorrow to look some more
    Post edited by BubblesGoesBoo on
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My heart operation is now set for next week.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    I`m glad that your operation is being set when you need it. I hope that it helps and makes you better soon
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    I`m glad that your operation is being set when you need it. I hope that it helps and makes you better soon
    Thank you, @Kasa2103 :)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @Aife new series of Riverdale trailer can be found on YouTube. 

https://youtu.be/Is6aB4AY4O4

Anyone else who watches it series 3 trailer. Release date 10th October. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    somehow managed to stay safe last night, it's a miracle! lol.  my sister packed an overnight bag cause she seriously thought I was going to end up in hospital again, but managed to challenge the voices and didn't do anything to drastic, actually quite proud of myself :)
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    somehow managed to stay safe last night, it's a miracle! lol.  my sister packed an overnight bag cause she seriously thought I was going to end up in hospital again, but managed to challenge the voices and didn't do anything to drastic, actually quite proud of myself :)
    That's great Bubbles!  Take it one day at a time, you should be really proud :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    @BubblesGoesBoo Well done! We are so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself too :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    @Laine @Eyepatch thank you both :) I feel stronger now, like I've done it once I can do it again kinda thing :)<3
  • Options
    @Laine @Eyepatch thank you both :) I feel stronger now, like I've done it once I can do it again kinda thing :)<3
    Aw this actually made me a lil bit happy to read @BubblesGoesBoo
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    I'm an auntie again! My brother and his wife had a baby girl this morning! :) 
  • Options
    I tried being the dungeon master for a Dungeons and Dragons campaign (Yes I am a huge nerd) and I had so much fun! Plus all the people I played with said they had a great time and want me to be the Dungeon master again sometime! :D

• Options
    Day off tomorrow so had a beer tonight after a  12 hour day got tired with half a can still to drink. Downed the beer now i can feel the after affects or is that exhaustion 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    (PTW - I dunno but just to be safe)

When they get a surgical dr to do your stitches and they do a top job, and there shouldn't be much scarring! - win win lol... I know it's not really a laughing matter but im just quite impressed with them, normally when dr's see self harm they do a shit job (in my case anyway) but this dr didn't judge and closed it up properly :) 
  • Options
    Back home to my electric blanket, decent coffee, my cat and takeaway! What more could somebody want?
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    Finally Friday - need sleep , sleep and more sleep and even though I barley strung a sentence together I somehow have a trail shift on the 28th 😂🤭
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Had my back to work with my manager today after being in hospital last week. since I was honest about why I was there (and they already know about my mental health) they're not putting it down as an absence so I get to keep my bonus! :) She also said if I ever need a break from home life they'll put me up in the hotel for a bit, as much as I complain about work, I just want to give them all a big hug for being so supportive and understanding haha <3
  • Options
    Working overtime this week to try and keep busy and out of hospital! I always struggle to keep myself safe on my days off so hoping this will help, I'm only doing half days so I still have some time for myself though :) its all about balance right?
  • Options
    Ive finally finished putting this on the fridge lollll. It doesnt look like would - but took quite long ahh. 
    i did make it out like it was eating the fridge letter magnets that said “yum” but my sister just took it off lol

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    @shaunie this is amazing - definitely made me giggle this morning 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Sorry can we just admire how cute this is!!! That random statement of I am colouring a rainbow octopus this is what I meant
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    This is so good @Abigail! Love all the colours you've used :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤