Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Happy New Year!!!
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    It's time for me to be awesome again!
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    After what seems like ages of waiting. The time has come! In 2 days I am going traveling for 2 months. So excited for this experience. First stop Bangkok.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Esme17 wrote: »
    After what seems like ages of waiting. The time has come! In 2 days I am going traveling for 2 months. So excited for this experience. First stop Bangkok.

@Esme17 aw not long to go now! Hope you have a lovely time! Thailand and Bali are amazing! :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Haven't you banned enough things already?
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster

Aww Esme that will be such an experience :) enjoy every minute of it and have a brilliant time!!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Thanks @Aife[/USER] [USER="95994"]independent_ Just left Cornwall and traveling up to London now. Can’t believe I actually fly today!!

Hahah @Mirabelle knew I could count on you for a comment like that x

Esme x
    Hey @Esme17 I'm going to miss you soooo much! But, you're under orders to have a cracking good time and come home with an awesome tan and looking fantastic! Your holiday is an opportunity of a lifetime, and yes, I couldn't resist that remark. ;)

You have a good time in Thailand and Bali, okies? You'll be badly missed, but nevermind. Jules sends her love as do I.

Belle x
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    UHA season has started!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Ohh, someone's left the Drambuie out. That was kinda d̶a̶f̶t̶ handy of them, wasn't it? :yum:
  • EstherEsther Deactivated Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    Charlotte wrote: »
    Happy New Year!!!
    Happy New Year :heart:
    just been introduced to baked bean sandwiches and omg guys you have to try it!! :hyper::hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    just been introduced to baked bean sandwiches and omg guys you have to try it!! :hyper::hyper:

Ohh wow I've never tried one but I've heard they are amazing! :hyper:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • EstherEsther Deactivated Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    Do you reckon it is better than baked beans on toast ?
    I reckon, @BubblesGoesBoo if you added some grated cheese and a few turns of fresh black pepper, it would taste even better. :yum:
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Esther waaaay better! :hyper:

@Aife they really are :)

@Mirabelle i might have to try that next time! lol
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Meggles: That's such positive news! :)
    Meggles wrote: »
    This might sound small and stupid..but today I got out of bed and showered and I'm walking to the store. This is a huge step for me currently

That's great news Meggles :)
    One of the greatest things about living in England are the fantastic Indian takeaways. Chicken Jhalfrezi, Rajasthani lamb and the biggest naans I've ever seen! :dGonna pig it tonight, that's for sho'.
    Jules and aunty are coming home today!! :hyper:
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    One of the greatest things about living in England are the fantastic Indian takeaways. Chicken Jhalfrezi, Rajasthani lamb and the biggest naans I've ever seen! :dGonna pig it tonight, that's for sho'.

I didn't realise this was an English thing until someone pointed it out to me! Haha. They are so good though. There's one real close to me that takes about 15 minutes to deliver. :yum:

Also, Domino's have a 'winter survival deal' at the moment where you get a large pizza, wedges, garlic bread and cookies all for like £16. What a time to be alive.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Mike wrote: »

I didn't realise this was an English thing until someone pointed it out to me! Haha. They are so good though. There's one real close to me that takes about 15 minutes to deliver. :yum:

Also, Domino's have a 'winter survival deal' at the moment where you get a large pizza, wedges, garlic bread and cookies all for like £16. What a time to be alive.

Haaa, but I make our own pizzas. From www.abebooks.co.uk I got a book called Italian Pizza and Hearth Breads by Elizabeth Romer very cheaply and taught myself. While pizza dough is slowly rising (or bread dough in my mixer), I can be doing other things. Domino's sounds fun, though!
    Guess who just showered for the first time in days :hyper: might not seem like a lot but I've been really struggling with it recently, which isn't like me at all. Now chilling with a face mask and chocolate cause self care is important ;)
    Guess who just showered for the first time in days :hyper: might not seem like a lot but I've been really struggling with it recently, which isn't like me at all. Now chilling with a face mask and chocolate cause self care is important ;)

I'm so pleased for you, Bubbles! And chocolate is defo a mood lifter. :thumb:
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Our band's manager has got us a super St Valentines concert in London! :hyper:
    Holiday is back on! :hyper::hyper:
    Today is Mandy's 17th and this afternoon we're putting on a party for her. She's leaving opening her presents until then, but is even more excited looking at a car-sized tarpaulin outside. ;)
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Happy Birthday Mandy, hope you all have a good day.
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best