Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

relatively happy/good news thread

Comments

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    I made up with Jacquie (my dads girlfriend) and we are getting along again so it's all good :d no stress and am feeling hopeful for my application to the army reserves, just need to get my fitness up to make the timed run, three minutes out last time. Looking forward to reaching goals!!!
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Finished semester 1 of year 2 now. Woop
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone said something just yesterday that made me smile. She told me that she liked to see me because I make her laugh and to hear that from someone with depression meant a lot, for that just for moment things didn't seem so bad.
  • Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
    Went to the rugby, Ireland vs Scotland, it was brill
  • Options
    Went to the the fayre today to attend the work shop run by NHS on stress resilience.

It was good, I found it helpful. I asked questions at the end and even took a leaflet.
  • Options
    I've been sitting here in my room with a warm coffee, curtains drawn wide open and listening to Micheal kiwanuka. I've been thinking about all the good times I've had here on the The Mix and how many times I've broken out into fits of laughter or gone to bed smiling because of the people on here. I've thought about friends I've made, the times that I've been frustrated and the times that I've been sad.

I keep saying that I need to go on a break but I keep coming back because of my friends here and the mods and chat ghost.

Nawww hrgblgtrleigherl, I only love you guys a tiny teeny minuscule bit, just a bit.
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    I've been sitting here in my room with a warm coffee, curtains drawn wide open and listening to Micheal kiwanuka. I've been thinking about all the good times I've had here on the The Mix and how many times I've broken out into fits of laughter or gone to bed smiling because of the people on here. I've thought about friends I've made, the times that I've been frustrated and the times that I've been sad.

I keep saying that I need to go on a break but I keep coming back because of my friends here and the mods and chat ghost.

Nawww hrgblgtrleigherl, I only love you guys a tiny teeny minuscule bit, just a bit.
    we <3 you toooo
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster

I feel the same. Since I joined I've had so so many laughs and smiles and good chats I'm so glad I did join!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Finished the second year of uni :d
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I didn't get any sleep last night, and I actually feel good about going to work, I feel energetic/hyperactive, maybe that's because I've hit sleep deprivation point. But I feel good about going to work, I love work, but sometimes, its difficult to get up, dressed and out, but today, I managed it quite easily #RecoveryOnPoint
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,309 Part of The Furniture
    Pizza Thursday in the office! #Winning

KBJ1eK1.jpg
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Yay pizza Thursday! :yippe::yippe::yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    Pass port came. And nearly sorted out tickets!!!:)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options

now i want pizza :love: have you ever been to franco manca?

Oh my gosh, yes. There's one right around the corner from my house. Me and a friend of mine went to one of those opened out ones with heaters outside. :heart:
  • Options

OMGGGG I LOVE IT SO MUCH there's two literally walking distance from my flat and me & my flat mate had it last night, dreams

:love:

Quite jealous (even though I had Dominos last night...)! I actually haven't been there in a while - I need to go again and relive the deliciousness. Someone else was singing Franco Manca's praises to me recently too!
  • Options
  • Options
    KathleenKathleen Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    evie_rose wrote: »
    my sister is out of surgery and everything went fine.. yayayayay

So glad to hear that your sister's surgery went well. Has she been recovering well?

-Kathleen
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I start my new job tomorrow :D:D:D
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Yesterday I went for a walk and I bumped into a lady walking her dog so we decided to walk up the hill together and even though she strugled I kept cheering her on. We got talking and she asked if I was also heading towards the tram and I just told her that I was going for a walk because I'd been indoors a bit too much lately. At this point we had reached the top of the hill but she was knackered and kept apologising for stopping. I reassured her a told her that it was absolutely fine, I wasn't there to judge and that she could stay up there if she wanted to. The view was beautiful, the sky was clear and the sun was on it's way to setting.

At one point she opened up to me a told me about her depression amongst other things. I just listened, offered compassion where it was due and told her a bit about myself. In the end it was time for me to go, I could tell she wasn't one for words and a little withdrawn but without hesitation she hugged and smiled with a look of relief. I think she just needed to be heard and understood. It wasn't a half arsed hug but a proper one and she looked me in the eyes and said thank you and went on her way.

It felt like in the those few seconds, she felt safe and completely at ease. A stranger that I'd never met before. Maybe yesterday was a hard day, I'll never know but I'm glad I managed to help somehow.

• Options
    Salix alba wrote: »
    Yesterday I went for a walk and I bumped into a lady walking her dog so we decided to walk up the hill together and even though she strugled I kept cheering her on. We got talking and she asked if I was also heading towards the tram and I just told her that I was going for a walk because I'd been indoors a bit too much lately. At this point we had reached the top of the hill but she was knackered and kept apologising for stopping. I reassured her a told her that it was absolutely fine, I wasn't there to judge and that she could stay up there if she wanted to. The view was beautiful, the sky was clear and the sun was on it's way to setting.

At one point she opened up to me a told me about her depression amongst other things. I just listened, offered compassion where it was due and told her a bit about myself. In the end it was time for me to go, I could tell she wasn't one for words and a little withdrawn but without hesitation she hugged and smiled with a look of relief. I think she just needed to be heard and understood. It wasn't a half arsed hug but a proper one and she looked me in the eyes and said thank you and went on her way.

It felt like in the those few seconds, she felt safe and completely at ease. A stranger that I'd never met before. Maybe yesterday was a hard day, I'll never know but I'm glad I managed to help somehow.

This is the sweetest thing! :heart:
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    For me After 5 weeks of not being able to leave the house on my own and relaying on other to get me around I have finally bitten the apple and got on the bus. 5 weeks ago my independence was taken away from me and now I'm feeling better. I have got the bus on my own. travelled through the area where it happened and now I think I'm ready. Its not a massive achievement but its my bit of good news.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,497 Skive's The Limit
    I am finally allowed to get a dog and view them to find one. After asking for many many yearsssss
    I am literally so excited.

Tomorrow I am going to view some shih tzu puppies. XD XD XD
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Did something that needed to be done today, it was hard but I did it.
  • Options
  • Options