Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Degree not acredited

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this is for the work or student forum but i decided it was most relevant to work after graduating so its here, just let me know if you think i should move it.

Anyway down to the nitty gritty, admittedly this isn't a problem for me for a few years yet, but im pretty positive when i leave uni i want to be a biomedical scientist, but my degree isn't acredited by the IBMS (i didn't know this was what i wanted to do when i went to uni) I'm now not sure if this will stop me getting training positions once i graduate, and completely fuck up what i want to do. I'm not too sure if anyone will be able to shed some light for me, but any help would be great.

ETA: the IMBS website says i'll need to submit my qualifications for assessment. But if they say no what are the options?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Generally institutions have a system for qualifying people who haven't got accredited degrees.

It's often a combination of submission of a portfolio and exams.

Another option would be to do an accredited masters.

Having a look at the institute website was a good starting point, but you'll get better advice by talking to the institute direct as they'll be able to suggest things you can do to strengthen your application when you do apply.