Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Favourite Author?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok so ive just finished my fourth book by Huraki Murakami and i want to know if anyone esle has read any of his stuff or could they tell me any other uthors that have similar styles i writing?
ive read:

Hard Boiled Wonderland and the end of the world. - A great Fantsay book

Norwiegeen Wood - perfect love story book if your idea of love isnt as typical as what most go through!

The wind up Bird man chronicle - A brilliant book! My favourite of his so far, I love tangent stories and the idea of staying at the bottom of a deep well to collect your thoughts!

Kafka of the Shore - Just finished it and I I have to say its a real page turner, A bit more vauge than others but I would hae no problem reading it again to discover more of the various themes that run throughout it!

Ok so whats yours.........
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i LOVE Haruki Murakami. I love all those books. Probably hard boiled wonderland the least as im not really into fantasy, but it was still good. The other three are among my favourite books of all time
    yep me too...I think it will be hard for me to really enjoy another author?!
    My favourite author is either Richard Brautigan or Jim Dodge, Stone Junction is still the best thing I've ever read. However not sure how close in style you'd consider them, but what the hell, figured the thread title gave me enough leeway to just say my fav authors :p
    Yeah... dunno about the style... But my fav authors are (not in order):
    Lisa Gardener (best book being Killing Hour)
    Nick Hornby (best book being Slam)
    Anthony Burgess (best book being A clockwork orange)
    R.J Ellory (best book being A simple act of violence)
    Xx
    i know when i think about it this list would be huge, but off the top of my head (cause im reading one of his books at the moment) Christopher Brookyre. I cant really pin point what it is i like about his books though
    Louise Rennison - The Georgia Nicholson Diaries. Very teenagey I know, but bloody hilarious.

Christopher Paolini - Eragon etc

Marian Keyes is pretty good

Anne Rice

And I need to read Charlene Harris's books, but I'm sure I'll love her.