Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Least favourite director

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
(among the popular ones; like, don't answer "John Strongbed who made that one film Shadowshooters which was awful")

For me, it has to be Wes Anderson. I've seen "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou", both of which people were saying were great, and disliked them both.

I heard that he might be the one to direct the next Spider-man and I'm scared...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unlike my favourite directors there's so many bad directors out there I couldn't possibly list them all.
  • Options
    I don't really know many directors, but the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw this thread was how weird Tim Burtons films are! I'm yet to enjoy one of his films.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Tim Burton.
  • Options
    George Lucas - I'm sorry but American Graffiti and Star Wars don't come close to making up for the unremitting foulness and concentrated awfulness of the Star Wars prequels.

Though I may be being unfair, those three films may just be the unrecognised symptoms of some kind of huge brain tumour or mental breakdown...
  • Options
    (among the popular ones; like, don't answer "John Strongbed who made that one film Shadowshooters which was awful")

For me, it has to be Wes Anderson. I've seen "The Royal Tenenbaums" and "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou", both of which people were saying were great, and disliked them both.

I heard that he might be the one to direct the next Spider-man and I'm scared...

boooooo!! :p

I cant think of any names but whoever sticks to all the rom-com parp that comes out.
  • Options
    That douchebag who keeps ruining good movies like Willie Wonka and Alice in Wonderland. Next he will be making a My Little Pony, Apocalypse Pony movie :(
    http://www.noob.us/humor/robot-chicken-my-little-apocalypse-pony/
  • Options
    that douchebag is tim burton, we all hate him!
  • Options
    NO WE DON'T!!! BOOOOO!

Agree with Wes Anderson. Just ... odd.
  • Options
    I really quite like Anderson, I'd recommend Rushmore, his best work
  • Options
    http://www.collider.com/2010/03/02/tim-burton-and-timur-bekmambetov-elect-abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter/

It does get worse still! Will Johnny Depp be Lincoln?

Though that book should have never existed in the first place :p
  • Options
    m night shyamalan.
  • Options
    I was wondering who could possibly knock Uwe Boll out of the number 1 slot and then I saw Friedberg and Seltzer.Just wait until the three of them make 'Video Game Movie'
  • Options
    quentin tarantino - with his passion and unforgettable style