Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My Screen starts up out of position

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I recently bought a new computer screen - It's a 24" widescreen, Full 1080p etc. I'm very happy with it, only when it starts up - the horizontal position is wrong. The image is always too far to the left and theres a large black margin on the right side. I keep having to use the monitor OSD and set the H position from 50 to 92 to get it set properly. It's a pain in the arse. Any way I can fix this?

Comments

• Options
    What version of Windows you using?

Generally, on the desktop right click, and goto your display settings. There should be something buried in there to align or calibrate the monitor correctly. I can tell you on Windows 7 where it is, but it's different on each version.
  • Options
    When you move the mouse to the non-black margin.. does the screen move to the margin is on the right?

I don't think it's an aspect ratio issue but check your monitor for a streach to fit function or some alignment feature.

Are you using it as a laptop / secondry monitor?
  • Options
    1) Reinstall your graphic card drivers.
    2) Use the OSD to "reset" to defaults.

and as said above, check the resolution to match your display.
  • Options
    is there an 'auto' option in the monitor OSD? cos i've had this problem in the past and thats solved it in my case.