Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice welcomed!

Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
Hey,
I want to ask about letting someone down gently in a friendship. There is someone who i used to be 'friends' with and he still tries to talk to me, but because i don't like him, not in a mean way, but in the way of that our personalities and likes are different , i don't wanna be his friend but i feel bad ignoring somebody becuase it makes someone feel humiliated, i wanna know a way of teeling him honestly, i have tried but can't press send lol.......like i have said, he is lovely, but not what i want from a friendship.....please help!
Thanks XXXX

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sometimes you just have to be honest. It sucks, because you know they'll be a bit upset. It's a "it's not you, it's me" situation. I don't know, the times I've had had to cut off annoying friends I've just ignored them, but that has been a bit more of a "it's YOU, NOT ME!" situation.

I'm torn on this one. I would just tell him that he's lovely but not what you want in a friendship. That way you're being honest, but not in a mean way.