Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Designing fancy text for header?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, i want to design some text, nothing too fancy, but something other than a standard text option, for example here http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/
you can see the heading digitalarts is not a standard text option, does anyone know of a software e.t.c where i can create a nice text heading?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesnt even have to be strictly text, a nice logo would work just as well.
    Do you have any software like illustrator or photoshop - through any art software you can access any .tff file you add to windows (font files) and then play around with them. Helen posted a thread on photoshop alternatives you might want to look at if you don't have access to those programs.
    No i dont have photoshop, i want to do a course in using it though as it would be a great help, have gone and got gimp through searching google for photoshop alternatives (couldnt find helens post sorry, but helped all the same)

I just wrote one word above the other in differant colours and styles and saved it as a jpeg, looks good to me, thanks for that...
    Interestingly, the site that you linked to indicates that this months issue is all about type art. So I'd recommend you buy it, and see what it has to say.
    Do a search on youtube.. I've started to see lots of tutorial stuff which you can see clearly since the vids are much higher quality

edit: this may help a little.. the example site may not have the best logo in the world but guess it doesnt have to be :)
    http://www.psdgraphics.com/tutorials/google-logo-photoshop-tutorial/
    Alphawave, thanks for that, ive bookmarked for later use :)

And Big Gay... well spotted, i didnt take much notice of that i was just looking at the header.

Im going to wh smith tomorrow for that now :D :thumb: