Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

pill...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi...
i live half the year in the uk and half the year abroad (which is where my boyfriend lives) we spend 1-2 months abroad, 1-2 months in the uk and so on all year.
my doctor prescribed me the pill and told me i could finish a 21 day packet and start another one straight away if i didnt want a period in between as im abroad with my boyfriend at the moment.
im taking the yasmin pill, i finished my first strip of 21 and started my next as the doctor told me to do, im now into 3 days of my 2nd strip and have started bleeding. should i be worried?
does this mean i havent been protected whilst having sex?
i have read the booklet given with yasmin, and the part about taking two strips of 21 without a break, it says you may have some unexpected bleeding or spotting on the days you take the pill and not to worry...
but tbh im bricking it. please help

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nah i dont think theres anything to worry about but ring your doctor or Brook if you're concerned
    its difficult to ring as im abroad....
    the question seems silly and it does say in the guidelines of yasmin to expect bleeding or spotting in this case... but why suggest taking two strips of 21 pills without a break to avoid a period if your still going to bleed or spot anyway?:confused::confused:
    Well i guess its unavoidable, the lining that builds up while you're taking your pills has to go somewhere.
    yeah i guess... i just panick with stuff like this :(
    thanks x
    Well at least if you are bleeding you know you're not pregnant so thats a relief... its when you're not bleeding when you're meant to be thats when you worry :chin:
    If you've taken all your pills right, you're very unlikely to be pregnant. It is relatively common to have a bit of bleeding if you run packs together - some people's bodies just get very attached to their cycles! Is v annoying if you're doing it to avoid a period in the first place, though!
    yeah, my plan of 2 months undisturbed sex is out the window!!
    ur prolly experiencing some bleeding because you havent been taking the pill that long and your body isnt used to u skipping. the longer your on it the less ull bleed when u skip i think. the next time u get a chance u should call ur doctor, not just for reassurence but a better explination.
    well ive been bleeding for 12 days now.... and no sign of it finishing anytime soon... so doctors it is! x