Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dubai assasination passports

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So... I think the British government colluded with Mossad, supplying them with the passports.

This will allow them to say the quality of the forgeries was so high, we need to move to a new system, and thus justify spending a fortune on the ID card system, with even more worrying "features"

Comments

• Options
    I don't. I think that Mossad have proven in the past that they are quite capable of doing this themselves and they have never really been concerned about the sovreignty of any other nation but their own.

TBH if this is borne out ot be the case, and at the moment it's only alledged to have been Mossad, then our relationship with them should change dramatically. In effect this now means that every single UK passport can be seen as a possible Mossad agent and that has some serious implications.
  • Options
    For as long as Israel is allowed to perpetrate such acts with consequences no more severe than a mild reprimand to the nearest Israeli diplomat, it will happen again and again.

It's about damn time the Israeli government is treated like the pariah regime it is. Or at the very least, like Hamas and the Palestinian government are.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    For as long as Israel is allowed to perpetrate such acts with consequences no more severe than a mild reprimand to the nearest Israeli diplomat, it will happen again and again.

It's about damn time the Israeli government is treated like the pariah regime it is. Or at the very least, like Hamas and the Palestinian government are.

And equally if Hamas persist in sending people to buy dodgy black market arms to kill Israeli citizens and people continue to treat Israeli as a pariah state instead of one involved in a war Mossad are going to continuing topping Hamas people when they can.
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    I don't. I think that Mossad have proven in the past that they are quite capable of doing this themselves and they have never really been concerned about the sovreignty of any other nation but their own.

TBH if this is borne out ot be the case, and at the moment it's only alledged to have been Mossad, then our relationship with them should change dramatically. In effect this now means that every single UK passport can be seen as a possible Mossad agent and that has some serious implications.

:yes: True it may have been a tactical success, but it may turn into a strategic failure. There's already talk of stopping sharing intelligence. In 1987 Thatcher kicked them out and stopped Int Sharing because we'd found they were forging UK passports (and also due to kidnapping people from UK soil)
  • Options
    And equally if Hamas persist in sending people to buy dodgy black market arms to kill Israeli citizens and people continue to treat Israeli as a pariah state instead of one involved in a war Mossad are going to continuing topping Hamas people when they can.
    A moot point, seeing as it is only one side that has ever been treated like a pariah.
  • Options
    A moot point, seeing as it is only one side that has ever been treated like a pariah.

You mean Israel I assume? or are you just taking an eurocentric view?
  • Options
    Well, one side gets the full red carpet treatment as well as nearly endless military aid, while the other gets described as terrorists and naturally denied any military aid (lol!). I'm sure you can guess which side.

Please...
  • Options
    Well, one side gets the full red carpet treatment as well as nearly endless military aid, while the other gets described as terrorists and naturally denied any military aid (lol!). I'm sure you can guess which side.

Please...

One side has dozens of countries which refuse to recognise its existence and routinely has its citizens harrassed in other countries.

One side also routinely educates its citizens that Jews are Pigs and launches rockets into its neighbours territory, has a history of planting bombs in civilian buses and is descended from an organisation which routinely murdered Jews (nb not just Israeli's) abroad.

I'm sure the world would be a much safer place if just one hundredth of the effort put into vilifying Israel was put into vilifying much worse states involved in much bloodier wars.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is really unfair that Israel gets criticised so much. If only it was allowed to carry its illegal land appropriation, human rights abuses and war crimes in peace... Damn those meddling Jew haters.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is really unfair that Israel gets criticised so much. If only it was allowed to carry its illegal land appropriation, human rights abuses and war crimes in peace... Damn those meddling Jew haters.

1947 - UN Votes for partition of Israel. Arabs refuse.
    1947-48 - Civil War
    1948 - Israel declares independance
    Following day, Arab states attack

Damn those meddling jews eh?
  • Options

You said it not me. Though I'd agree anti-semitism plays a part, as does anti-Americanism, common or garden racisim (only whites can act those brown people don't know any better :rolleyes: ) and peoples unwillingness to look at the really dark parts of the world where journos seldom go.

But if you want Human Right abuses and war crimes Israel isn't anywhere near the top as you must know (ps you can't have war crimes in peace - a war crime has to be in war). But in case you don't you may find this site interesting, if a trifle embarrassing for those claiming Israel is in some way uniquely evil

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstatx.htm#h
  • Options
    r those claiming Israel is in some way uniquely evil

I'd never claim they were uniquely evil
  • Options
    Two?

Haven't we withdrawn from one?
  • Options
    Indeed. And while I believe Israel has done significantly more wrong, I'm prepared to say they're as bad as each other (which is what I said on this thread. However the fact remains that Israel enjoys significantly favourable treatment compared to the Palestinians. That must end if any lasting peace is to be achieved. Either both sides are terrorists/state terrorists, or none are.