Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What If....Germany

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Whowhere

Kathy, read the other posts in the other topics before butting in with your 2 pence worth ok?

I dont need to, I was refereing the posts in this thread. I veiwed them as a swipe Women and the American Military. Let alone people who do payroll.

I can put my 2 cents in where ever I please.:p
  • Options
    I'm sorry I open my big stupid mouth, this was a very heated debate and I enjoyed reading it all. I do hope people personal lives are left out tho

I enjoy American food by the way, but shame you can't get Good Fish'N'chips over there.

BTW Food can't really be related to Politics can it?:confused:;)

Zip's mouth shut again and wonders to a safer forum :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

I enjoy American food by the way, but shame you can't get Good Fish'N'chips over there.

I think you're right about that one. Never had a good Fish'N'chips in the States. Can get a good one in Thailand! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rick314

When I was in germany, for a year or two, the older folks welcomed us with free beer and handshakes and such........the younger folks were caught up in nationalism and hated the US serviceman/person...

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Those old enough to remember first hand the US stomping the ever loving dogshit out of their country, reducing it to rubble, demonstrate a warmth and respect to the newest and present day warriors who come to their soil. The kidlets of our supposed ally, whom are the fruit of the sacrifice of so many American lives, detest/demean/denigrate those whose sacrifice ALLOW them the ability to publicly air that derision... :rolleyes:

Rod Serling writing the script to this? :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

You think our food is bad? At least we don't live in the land of the fat and free. Your food is the most bland, uninspiring food I have ever had the misfortune to taste. Your gourmet restraunts are little better than a stylish McDonalds. What you lack in taste you make up for in portion size in the misguided hope that noone will notice.
    Your tastebuds have got so used to living on a diet of pre-packaged crap that you have no idea about what real food might actually taste like, and as such anything that doesn't come pre wrapped in a package saying "microwaveable" is offensive to your palette.
    You say our food is crap??? Coming from a country that gave us such culinary delights as cheese strings, go-gurt, McDonalds, Starbucks and Cheese in a can? A country that has a "king of beers" that tastes like watered down rats piss?

Our cars? You think our cars are bad? Coming from a country where your cars are so bad they are only ever rated against one competitor that just happens to be worse? "The new Dodge Excretion, rated number one for braking against the Ford Wanker, rated number one against the General Motors kiddy fiddler for handling".

And why the hell are you going on about Germany? Who gives a fart about what the Germans think of you?
    You really don`t have a point to your ramblings, do ya?
    You seem to be making it up as you go along.

yes your food sucks. Unless of course you NEVER tire of fried foods.
    Greenhat kindly listed a small menu. The great thing aboot America is we are a hodgepodge of people and their cusine. We don`t like white fish because we have halibut, we provide the world with food. Grain, produce and such is mass produced to feed the horny hordes. If you have a McDungals near you it`s only because your neighbors spend money there, so your taste has found them a place. (Jeeze, you really outa think of these things on your own).
    I have never seen a can of cheese. GoGurt is a French company, Starbucks is Jewish owned and what is a cheese string? It must be something we don`t eat and export to you.
    And yes your cars suck, unless of course you like to work on them on the side of the road, but they are pretty. (some of them).
    Every sentence of yours is easy to disect and show the huddled masses your opinions are based in shit.

Old Mustangs, AC Cobras, Corvettes, Camaros, pick-ups, Cadilac, crown Vics, Hell, I`d rather have a Maverick than a Jag, at least I know it`ll get me there without pushing it.
    Of course we rate them against each other, it`s called competitive marketing. What do you want us to do, rate it against a Jag? Puhleeze!
    Who gives a gas what Germans think of me? I thought this thread was based on the folks that were pounding the shit of your kin until we came to the rescue. I was trying to show you a point in generations and nations and a bit of history and the way society has reacted. I guess you missed it.
    Here it is in black and white;
    German people were beaten by the Allied forces in WW2, (just in time to save England), the very same people that were beaten welcome the beaters with open arms. But the next gen has forgotten.
    The other side of the channel;
    "Yanks go home"
    Do you see? I don`t really have the time to teach you all that you need to know so you don`t come off like a twit, that`s what a father is for.