Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What If....Germany

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why-Go-Where-When

Hi Whoman d' Magnificent,

I see you're feeding on the courage of others, again...

Emotional parasite: stir d' pot n' lick d' surface, slick.

Honor; the W(right ting' ta' do. What needs ta' be done, and how, now...

Honor is, to uphold, any truth, with duty, determination, and a little daring.

I was raised on honor, by my dominant impression; my retired-USMC Grandfather. He was a Darwinist. My time, under im' was never dull. It was...exciting, it was definately, hard, but, with honor, most fun.

You need ta' make up for soooooooooooooooooooooooo much, which, is, misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssing.

Poor laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass, it'll be yours,

ta' boot.

Who-Butt-Boy, I love you.

I really do.

Can you love me, the way, you do,

you?

I'm twitch'in' for yo' mischief, luv'.

Be British what, n' hold your end up.

Now, there's d' rub.

To honor.

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere

know that I have been prepared to serve my country, voluntarily since I was 6. I plan to join up when I finish university, not because there are any immediate threats, but because I want to know that what I'm doing is important.
    And my dear woman, you will have to take my word for it. For the same reason that we all stupidly believe that you are all in the military, and for some reason all have exactly the same psycotic mentality. For all I know you have never seen a gun, for all I know you've made the whole thing up. And why not, I've got no way of checking up on you, so I've had to take your word for it, and I ask that you do me the same courtesy, because it is a lot easier for me to doubt your military service than it is for you to doubt my motives.

Just out of curiosity, what DO YOU do in the army, being a woman and all....

She owes you no explanation or proof.

She serves her country proudly, NOT out of convenience to herself. Your attack on not only her commitment to duty and country but the fact that shes a she says alot about you.

You attack her yet you yourself are unwilling to serve your own country. Put up or shut up.
    ;)
  • Options

A similar thing then. It doesn't matter, is it illegal in the USA to have honourable intentions or something?
    I intend/plan/desire to join the armed forces in a combat role either the Army in the Royal Armoured Corps/Artillery or the RAF as pilot. But because I only intend to do these things I'm less than worthy in your eyes?

you not gonna reply to my message?

p.s.love the little edit at the end, very erm....a word opposite to relevant?

Isn`t that sweet? Just lovely.
    So when will you, maybe sorta join?
    What will be the catalyst to act instead of flappin your jibs?

"When I grow up I`m gonna be a Army man"

It`s an honor to serve a country like the USA, I considered it MY duty to give what I had in the prime of my life.

Till then keep your fingersin your pocketses so it don`t point to others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

GIJane has earned it. Thanatos has earned it. Diesel has earned it.

You haven't.

Greenhat has earned it. 63DH8 has earned it. Rick314 has earned it. Homeless has earned it.

And if I have missed anyone else, it was OVERSIGHT, not a lack of respect. ;)
  • Options
    Well, Whowhore, you and I go for another round.

That's alright, cause cause I could care less what you think.

You could post anything questioning my loyalty to my Corps, to my Army, to my unit, to my mission, to my Country....you could question my loyalty to my family but it will be all the same to me. And it will state the fact that you have yet to prove what kind of man you are.

You talk the talk, but you have yet to walk the walk.

There is a difference to saying you'll do something and actually doing it.

There is a difference in reading about something and actually experiencing it. I know what I have done and I don't try to trash talk and make it into something its not. I learn from those that have done the things I haven't so I may carry their story with me because that is the tradition of the corps and of the Army. I protect it and I defend just like any other soldier that stands next to me.

The only thing that you carry is a load of shit.

Anyone can sign their name on the dotted line, but when it comes down to it, they can falter under the pressure. Will you?

You have yet to serve to show me or even begin to tell me what females can and cannot do in the military. I have nothing to prove to you because you would have no idea what I was doing in the first place.

I've signed my name, I've said I would do it, and I have. While I'm out doing something, your here talking trash. Yeah, that's really duty like to your country. I have earned the respect of my peers alike and the respect of those that have served before me.

And no matter what my mission is in the United States Army, I will do WHATEVER the mission takes, or I WILL DIE TRYING. That is COMMITTMENT. That is HONOR. That is DUTY.

But you wouldn't know the definition of that now would you? You being the one that knocked up your girlfriend and refused to do your manly duty and take responsibility for your actions.

Convincing her to have an abortion is real man-like and really responsible. God, if we could only have more like you in our armies.

You'd get the shit beat out of you the first night you slept in your rack.

So I suggest you take you shit-talk about men and women alike in uniform and stuff back up where the sun don't shine. Go back to Ft. Living Room and sit your ass back on your couch and continue playing your video games. At the rate you are going, that'll be the only experience you will ever see.
  • Options
    How very kind of you, yet another person brings up myprivate life without knowing what happened.

But I couldn't care less, because unless the army has changed how they do things, and made a special case for you due to your violent temper or something, you're just a pay clerk with a habit of glossing things over. Oh it's just lovely when we get personal don't you think? I could do this all day, and at the end of the day you'll be the one who's pissed off, not me.
  • Options
    you're just a pay clerk

If you ever do manage to get into the Armed Services, try that line on the pay clerk who handles your pay.
  • Options
    Erm...no, I don't think I'll bother.

However what i will do is carry on personally insulting those who insult me.
    There was no need to bring my private life into the conversation, especially by someone who has no idea what happened but has instead been listening to Thanatos.

And at the end of the day, I can see that insulting her "honour" and role in the army is going to piss her off a lot more than she can piss me off.
  • Options
    You think you can piss her off? Won't happen. You aren't worth the bother.
  • Options
    I think I already have done,if the "you diss me, you'll be sorry" remarks aren't the sign of someone who gets easily pissed off I don't know what is.

You military types really need to learn to control your tempers and refrain from making bullshit threats on message boards.
  • Options
    Whowhere mate, it was you who brought her personal life into this discussion. You asked details about her life and made insulting comments about same.

How about everyone just calms down a little?
  • Options
    *sits down and shuts up, waits for others to do the same*
  • Options
    I think I already have done,if the "you diss me, you'll be sorry" remarks aren't the sign of someone who gets easily pissed off I don't know what is.

You military types really need to learn to control your tempers and refrain from making bullshit threats on message boards.

Oh, Balddog, I'm very calm. I'm a go with the flow type. If I didn't know how to control my temper, I wouldn't be where I am now, now would I.

Makes sense doesn't it?

btw~ I do more than just soldier's pay. Or else I wouldn't be full time soldier.

I haven't gotten personal at all with myself. You have yet to touch the tip of the iceberg.

There are many sides to me.

Some you don't want to see.

I know that I have pissed you off. Or you wouldn't be taking pathetic shots at my uniform and my Army.

But I don't care, cause you're still a wannabe. And you always will be. ;)
  • Options
    You army types just don't know when to quit do you?
    What, they don't teach you life skills when you're recruited? Were you bullied as a child and see this as getting your own back or something?

As for many sides to you, I very much doubt there is more to you than what you have presented to others during your vsit here. But hey, at least I know when to quit.
  • Options

Don`t mean to drag you away from the pub but.............."You military types"?????
    C`mon Whwhy, you really don`t want us Mil Types to remain detached and unemotional about defense, do ya? I mean who else will be able to bleed and die so that you can saunter down to the pub and tilt back a luke warm one all the while holding those that pony up the courage in contempt.

Words like Honor and Country hold a special spot for us.

We fought for this Real Estate with blood. English Blood, and yet our Nations are friendly to each other.
    I wish I coiuld say the same aboot the congregation. Every time I stepped foot on that island, it always came to blows with some twit who didn`t like "Yank Nukes on our land" or some other lame BS. I have no love for merry old england because I was treated like shyte evrytime I was there. Food sucks (Germany coulda helped if allowed to continue their world tour) (SIC) dental plan is atrocius, cold, dreary, noses all pinched and upturned.

I will give you props for your music and Monty Python but that`s it. Why can`t you folks make a car that runs? Why does an American company have to come in and do it right.

When I was in germany, for a year or two, the older folks welcomed us with free beer and handshakes and such........the younger folks were caught up in nationalism and hated the US serviceman/person. Old folks remember why we are there and in a wierd sense were grateful for our presence, maybe it was just all the money we pump in.

So it goes again. and for the life of me I don`t understand why the old are seduced by the young even though they are dumber tahn that same person after years of experience on life and all that really matters.
  • Options
    Oh, but dear Whowhore, I thought you wanted to be an Army type. That is afterall, what you hope, plan, desire, right?

If I was bullied as a child, like all army types are, as you seem to think, then you must have been too.
  • Options
    What the fuck are you on about?

I don't personally recall being rude to Americans in this country, and I don't recall being rude to the ones I met when I went to your country.

You think our food is bad? At least we don't live in the land of the fat and free. Your food is the most bland, uninspiring food I have ever had the misfortune to taste. Your gourmet restraunts are little better than a stylish McDonalds. What you lack in taste you make up for in portion size in the misguided hope that noone will notice.
    Your tastebuds have got so used to living on a diet of pre-packaged crap that you have no idea about what real food might actually taste like, and as such anything that doesn't come pre wrapped in a package saying "microwaveable" is offensive to your palette.
    You say our food is crap??? Coming from a country that gave us such culinary delights as cheese strings, go-gurt, McDonalds, Starbucks and Cheese in a can? A country that has a "king of beers" that tastes like watered down rats piss?

Our cars? You think our cars are bad? Coming from a country where your cars are so bad they are only ever rated against one competitor that just happens to be worse? "The new Dodge Excretion, rated number one for braking against the Ford Wanker, rated number one against the General Motors kiddy fiddler for handling".

And why the hell are you going on about Germany? Who gives a fart about what the Germans think of you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by gi_janearng

If I was bullied as a child, like all army types are, as you seem to think, then you must have been too.

No, you see the difference between us is that I'm not an emotionally stunted excuse for a human being, you are. Live with it.

If you want to resort to petty insults, you won't win. If you want to stay civil, and stop bringing this petty feud up every chance you get then fine by me.
  • Options
    Oh, I've had my fun with you. But it was you that decided to take petty shots at my military career as well as the military careers of anyone on this board.

But now that I have annoyed you....*yawn*
  • Options
    you started insulting my intelligence and ability long before I made the Pay clerk joke.
    You are the one who thinks she is better than everyone because of your military career, and think that anyone not in the military could never match up to your ridiculous expectations of what people should be like.
  • Options
    Ever had Gumbo, Whowhere?

How about Jambalaya? Okra? Crawfish? Cornbread? Cornmeal pancakes? Clam Chowder? Hush puppies? Texas Chile? Cinnamon logs? "Baltimore & Ohio" ribs? A midwest steak, medium rare? Collards? Venison? American Game Hen? Pecan pie? Country fried steak? Blackened Redfish? Mesquite-smoked Salmon? Dolfin? Pizza? Chow mein? Stuffed potato skins? Wild rice with sausage & mushrooms? Roasted Buckeyes? A peach or pear cobbler?
  • Options

I'm not an emotionally stunted excuse for a human being

Couldn't tell it from your behavior on this board.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Ever had Gumbo, Whowhere?

How about Jambalaya? Okra? Crawfish? Cornbread? Cornmeal pancakes? Clam Chowder? Hush puppies? Texas Chile? Cinnamon logs? "Baltimore & Ohio" ribs? A midwest steak, medium rare? Collards? Venison? American Game Hen? Pecan pie? Country fried steak? Blackened Redfish? Mesquite-smoked Salmon? Dolfin? Pizza? Chow mein? Stuffed potato skins? Wild rice with sausage & mushrooms? Roasted Buckeyes? A peach or pear cobbler?

A few of those yes.
  • Options
    All of those are American food.
  • Options
    Your tastebuds have got so used to living on a diet of pre-packaged crap that you have no idea about what real food might actually taste like, and as such anything that doesn't come pre wrapped in a package saying "microwaveable" is offensive to your palette.
    You say our food is crap??? Coming from a country that gave us such culinary delights as cheese strings, go-gurt, McDonalds, Starbucks and Cheese in a can? A country that has a "king of beers" that tastes like watered down rats piss?

Prepackaged crap? So you do know what military food tastes like then...ie. MRE's?

Rat's piss....sounds like you know from experience what that tastes like.

And I'm part German...and I care what Greenhat has to say. ;)
  • Options

No, you see the difference between us is that I'm not an emotionally stunted excuse for a human being, you are. Live with it.

If you want to resort to petty insults, you won't win. If you want to stay civil, and stop bringing this petty feud up every chance you get then fine by me.

Look whos talking???

You think your superior, not only because you are born male, but because you are too lazy to join the military and you are not american.

I say you are laughable and should stop picking fights with girls, who are your superiors and grow up.

No one has threatened or bullied you. You should learn something from what all these people are saying to you. If you feel threatened by the truth, thats your problem.

P.S. I think you used the "f" word in one of the previous posts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by gi_janearng

Prepackaged crap? So you do know what military food tastes like then...ie. MRE's?

Rat's piss....sounds like you know from experience what that tastes like.

And I'm part German...and I care what Greenhat has to say. ;)

I have eaten British army ration packs, and yes, they taste disgusting.
    Rats piss, no I havent tasted it, however i'm sure if I were to taste it, there would be a striking similarity between it and budweiser.

Greenhat, yes I know it is American food, does that mean I'm not allowed to have tasted it when I was in the USA?

Kathy, read the other posts in the other topics before butting in with your 2 pence worth ok?
  • Options
    Greenhat, yes I know it is American food, does that mean I'm not allowed to have tasted it when I was in the USA?

My point is that your description of American food is inaccurate.
  • Options
    to the contrary, I got that little list from an American who was disgusted with what American restraunts had to offer and from my own experiences with American food.
  • Options
    to the contrary, I got that little list from an American who was disgusted with what American restraunts had to offer and from my own experiences with American food.

Well, the person in question should spend a little time in NYC. There he will find more than enough choices in food in the restaurants...