Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Never thought I'd say this but....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm bored! I've waited for ages and ages to leave school....but now I'm REALLY bored! I've read most of my books, I've canoed loads and I cleaned out all the animals the other day. I have nothing to do! My brain feels really underused and I can't believe it! It's so unfair! Nobody is here because all my friends live in other villages and then all the rest of them are still at school! Is anyone else really bored? Nobody is online either! grr!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know what you mean...ok fair enough i've just been downtown but ya know what im doing now...fending off cats that are attacking my sisters guinea pigs...god i feel like such a loser... :eek:
    Re: Never thought I'd say this but....

ah, the old nuclear fallout from the exam stress, you wait months and months to be gloriously bored, dreaming of having no stress and nothing to do. But when the long summer days finally arrive you feel at a loss. You can almost feel your wasted youth draining away. Lmao.

I hate sitting in the house with nothing to do, it drives me crazy after a while. This is what the internet is for...
    To add insult to injury....my 7 year old brother has just come home from school...and even he won't play playstation with me!

It was such a build up to the exams and then just this really big let down and then nothing.....:(

ah well. i will go and have a sleep.
    Meh, thats what lifes about. Just wait till you get to uni:>
    Is anyone else really bored?

Yep me. Thats why im on here. Still bored though!:rolleyes:
    Yessss I am bored. Been so for 17 years. Today I have mostly been getting poked in the eye by evil kids, and had stray dogs trying to hump my leg.
    I haven't finished exams yet what are you all complaining about. i hate not being out of school. Actually I take that back. You may think me wierd but I think that I'm glad that I don't have to stay at home. All I get is agro from my elders.
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    Yessss I am bored. Been so for 17 years. Today I have mostly been getting poked in the eye by evil kids, and had stray dogs trying to hump my leg.

.....but you made me laugh lmao.
    Sorry & all that.:p
    *is bored too*
    Try watching the bubbles in a glass of lemonade. Look at them go! Kept me amused for a second or two.
    add raisins (or sultanas)

and you've got your very own homemade lavalamp!
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    Try watching the bubbles in a glass of lemonade. Look at them go! Kept me amused for a second or two.

Yes, well...that's either a comment on your attention span, or your mind...

:D
    Originally posted by Turtle

Yes, well...that's either a comment on your attention span, or your mind...

You can't talk. You may be up to standards mentally, but physically.... Not worth mentioning! And I know that for sure.
    Ideas of things for everyone (including me) to do over the long summer:

Make a website
    Decorate your flat/bedroom
    Join the gym
    Do some voluntary work
    Do a free course
    Originally posted by PussyKatty

Make a website
    Join the gym
    Do some voluntary work
    Do a free course
    or hey, get a job, stops you from being bored, and you get money! But unfortunately you have to work, unless you're Captain Kirk obviously........:p
    Jobs are boring.
    Boxercise, a great workout and fun too. Must start going again myself.
    That uhh...thing...with the orange bald guys...(?!)

Shaolin (?!)

:confused:
    Originally posted by kathryn
    Yes, but even the best of us end up spending at least 40 years of of lives doing them.

Anyway, anyone want to recomend a class for me to start?
    I want something fun and energetic, that will keep me in shape, teach me something new and let me meet new people...at the same time not make me feel fat/inadequate/selfconcious.....therefore I want an all female class for begginers at ......something.

Was thinking about kickboxing? Or netball? Or.......give suggestions please!!!

KICKBOXING KICKBOXING!!!

Tremendous fun, good for aerobic fitness, stamina, flexibility, reactions, confidence. Pick a class that does sparring aswell (fighting between people). Don't worry, you won't get thrown in the deep end, your instructor will wait until you are suitable, and any kickboxing club will have a wide range of skill levels, so you won't get put up against the hardest person :p. Kickboxers are, once you get past he shell often the greates of people, nice and kind. Fei Lung in wimbledon is a good one.
    Boxercise, a great workout and fun too. Must start going again myself.

Meh, the bastard son of kickboxing :p

Basically Kickboxing with the fun bit removed (no sparring)

I can't help but crack up every time I walk past a class of people going "HA" and puncing the air. I don't think they appreciate me collapsing to the ground in fits of laughter though :p, I guess it puts them off.

Oh well :D
    Well, I've finished college, and I'm on holiday from work, and I'm loving it!

Kathryn, Daisy does kickboxing, so she may be able to help some more. :)

Make a website
    Join the gym
    Do some voluntary work
    Do a free course
    And you know the crazy thing? Last summer I did all but the last one on that list!

I'm thinking of taking up kickboxing or some kind of self defence class too, it seems like great fun, and goodness knows I could do with learning how to defend myself without dislocating wrists.... ahem. :o The less said about that particular incident the better.

But seriously, I'm not even off for summer yet! I have just under 4 weeks to go, which is :) but :( at the same time. *checks timetable*

Eeep.... Spanish Module 2 exam tomorrow... :eek:
    Lol! dont know what ur complaiing about! ive got a full holiday :) and im relaly really happy! BRING ON THE FUN!
    ive been bored ive gota wait till august 4 the real fun