Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

All opinions Welcome here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a couple of general questions
1. If u were a single mum would the thought of some else fathering your child make you paranoid?

I ask this because in the last year or so i havent really given anyone the chance to get close to me or my son because as much as i dont want my sons father to be his dad i still dont want anyone else to try and be his dad either.

for the males
2. If u had a child how would you feel knowing another man was closer to it than you

Comments

• Options
    Id hate the thought of another bloke trying to take my place.

Even if the other bloke could provide a better life for him in the terms of money, I know he would never love my child like I would.

If i ever found myself in the other blokes shoe (raising another blokes kid) i'd try and get the father to see the kid as much as possible, although i'd treat the child as my own.

Good luck.
  • Options
    i don't think I'd even go there I'm afraid. I don't want kids of my own, so I don't think I'd be able to handle someone else's kid.
  • Options
    You don't seem to have met the right kind of man yet. As far as I can see the biological father of your child was obviously a bad choice (Assuming you had sex with him willingly) as you have decided you don't want him to be the dad.
    And so far it would seem that any other bloke you have met since is not 'suitable father material' either.

When you meet someone you respect, with the same values and the same feelings about being a parent as you THEN youwill want him to be a father to your child.

On the other hand are you being a bit selfish and refusing to let anyone in? Perhaps your child would benefit from another influence in his/her life?

I understand your caution though as having a child and being a parent is very big responsibility and if your choice in men has been bad before you are probably weary about any new men you let in.
  • Options
    Pliskin...

*coughmenopausecough*
  • Options
    any man you have a relationship with will not be your sons father, and shouldnt try to be that. a step father is a different kind of relationship altogether. Hes your boy, and you make the decisions etc. if he did want to be a dad to your son, that would come later.