Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Coke facts

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the lemon twist coke is nice too. But why does coke always taste so much nicer out of those georgous glass bottles that they sell in almost every shop in almost every country ........except the U.K.:confused:
    Originally posted by Snoop
    I think the lemon twist coke is nice too. But why does coke always taste so much nicer out of those georgous glass bottles that they sell in almost every shop in almost every country ........except the U.K.:confused:

No it doesn't. I love my 5dl PET bottles. The glass bottles are...well, they're tiny, at 33dl, they're impractical, and it just doesn't add to the taste.

The worst though is airline coke. I swear to god something must happen to it at 30,000ft, cos it's always so much more gassy.
    But lots of glass bottles are rather large. I just think they taste better, less gassy, ohh, and since they dont really sell them over here, I usually only have them on holiday, thus arrousing nice memorys too, so it could just be those darn rose tinted glasses again.
    Originally posted by Turtle

No it doesn't. I love my 5dl PET bottles. The glass bottles are...well, they're tiny, at 33dl, they're impractical, and it just doesn't add to the taste.

The worst though is airline coke. I swear to god something must happen to it at 30,000ft, cos it's always so much more gassy.

ROFLMAO
    I didn't think you were that stupid :p Of course it's going to be more gassy, the cabin air pressure is so much lower than at sea level........

I don't know about the UK but in the US Coke isn't made with sugar, it's made with "high fructose corn syrup". In Mexico, where you can still get it in the glass bottles, it's still made with sugar. So it tastes different. Maybe that's the reason, in some countries they use a different sweetener.
    Blimey, and I thought it was made the same all around the world, my dreams are now in tatters.
    Blimey, and I thought it was made the same all around the world, my dreams are now in tatters.

Nope, It also varies from pub to pub what they have on tap, as it's mixed on site. One recomendation, don't drink russian coke, the ones I had tasted like liquid marmite with SOME sweetning....
    ive also heard that diet coke is spose to rot your brain cos theres less sugar in it, hense it being 'diet coke', so they put something else in it as a sweetner which is meant to rot your brain?
    Originally posted by angelbabe
    ive also heard that diet coke is spose to rot your brain cos theres less sugar in it, hense it being 'diet coke', so they put something else in it as a sweetner which is meant to rot your brain?

It's hardly something the vast majority of posters on these boards need to worry about.
    Ahh... but i bet you didn't know that the colourant in Fanta makes you go mad. MAD i tell you!
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    Ahh... but i bet you didn't know that the colourant in Fanta makes you go mad. MAD i tell you!

:eek: care to elaborate?
    I agree with Turtle. Something is wrong with airline coke, and not just the gas. It hasn't got the same taste... A bit more watery taste I would say.

Which makes me think of, is it only in Denmark where they in McD's and cinemas mix half of the glass with regular cola and water?
    I mean you can see, when they push on the button, that it comes out coke, water, coke, water etc. from the machine!

And yes, there is something in Diet Coke, which causes damage to braincells... But I will swear that it has only gotten rid of my "bad" ones :D
    The way I heard it was...

Artificial sugars etc. used in diet drinks are thought to be linked to cancer...

And continual drinking from aluminium cans can cause Parkinsons diease (can't remember the exact reason, something to do with tiny flakes of the can coming off)

As far as I'm aware, the last one has been proven, and isn't just a theory.
    But coke is just the syrup mixed with carbonated water, when the taps go on the draught you get horrible thin, see through coke.

Pepsi is orrible, pepsi max is lovely, Coke is horrible, so sweet, I can feel it eating my teeth.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I agree with Turtle. Something is wrong with airline coke, and not just the gas. It hasn't got the same taste... A bit more watery taste I would say.

Ahhh. That's cos you get Coke and ice. The ice melts (unless the drink the Coke quickly or the eat the ice) to make water. You end up with effectively diluted Coke :rolleyes:

I hated cans of Coka in France. Here in England the cans are made of aluminium and so are lighter. In France they were made of steel, as a result they are heavier - tricking you into thinking you have more left! :mad: Damn French
    Go to www.snopes2.com and search on coca cola to find the truth about all these hysterical things.
    Gotta agree...Pepsi is nicer, kinda smoother. All this Diet shit sucks :p

On a completely unrelated note (well, kinda) does anyone think standard size Mars Bars taste different from Snack Size, King Siza, Bite Size etc? Or am I the only one? :confused:
    Originally posted by Ego

Ahhh. That's cos you get Coke and ice. The ice melts (unless the drink the Coke quickly or the eat the ice) to make water. You end up with effectively diluted Coke :rolleyes:

Well, it doesn't happen, when I drink coke with ice on regular ground. Also I mainly drink the stuff fast when I get it, and then tend to chew the ice-cubes. So there goes your theory :p
    Do they not have special meals for aircraft, to withstand the temperatures in the hold, pressure change etc.?

If so, would it not make sense they have special drinks?
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Do they not have special meals for aircraft, to withstand the temperatures in the hold, pressure change etc.?

If so, would it not make sense they have special drinks?

Well, they do their best to make food as good as possible concidering the circumstances, but still they don't have the same kind of resources for that as NASA... :rolleyes:

Well, they do their best to make food as good as possible concidering the circumstances, but still they don't have the same kind of resources for that as NASA... :rolleyes:

I never said good, just the ability to still be (barely) edible.
    Gotta agree...Pepsi is nicer, kinda smoother.

:D

:p

C'mon lets take this outside... ;) :P

NB Diet Coke apparently makes you agressive too :D

Artificial sugars etc. used in diet drinks are thought to be linked to cancer...

Tell me one foodstuff that hasn't been linked with cancer, heart disease etc...

If we listened to every warning we would face a bigger danger...

Starvation

And continual drinking from aluminium cans can cause Parkinsons diease (can't remember the exact reason, something to do with tiny flakes of the can coming off)

As far as I'm aware, the last one has been proven, and isn't just a theory.

How often does the word can appear in "scientific" reports?
    Doesn't that make you just a little skeptical about the report...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

NB Diet Coke apparently makes you agressive too :D

That is the thing I drink before I venture into the politics forum :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit

That's the way I heard it too. Something to do with a chemical called Aspartame or something?

Are you it wasn't supposed to cause Alzheimer's. I thought Alzheimer's disease is caused by aluminiuim or magnesuim attaching itself to cells in the brain and that's why smoking bongs with tin foil screens is meant to give you the disease.

...then again I could be talking bollocks. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    You lot have been on about the whole coke cola and I bet none of you even knows who invented it. do ya?
    Originally posted by Skive
    That's the way I heard it too. Something to do with a chemical called Aspartame or something?

Yup. Aspartame is also known to trigger M.E in sufferers too - ie make it worse. The only problem with those findings is that they injected loads (ie, the equivalent of use eating pure aspartame for every meal) of it directly into mice and then claimed it caused cancer. Doesn't seem a very accurate test to me...

And i LOVE coke.
    Originally posted by Jinx
    You lot have been on about the whole coke cola and I bet none of you even knows who invented it. do ya?

Coca Cola was invented by JAcob's Pharmacy in Atlanta. Coca Cola was invented (or discovered :):p) on the 8th May 1886 by Dr John S Pemberton in Atalanta, Georgia. The name Coca Cola was siggested by Dr Pemberton bookkeeper (who's name I forget). He penned the name Coca Cola in the flowing handwriting that they still use.

I'd been hoping this thread would come up again so I could display this:

Enjoy.gif

I miss CokeAuction :(. That promotion was absolute quality and I got soo much stuff of it :D :rolleyes:. I might emal Coke themselves and find out if they plan to repeat it