Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Adhd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was diognosed with ADHD when I was 6 or maybe 7. I used to go mental and attack other kids in primary school, and ive always had troubles with concentrating, sleeping and depression.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there with ADHD who has any advice on living with it such as; what food to eat, how to get motivated to do stuff, how to stay focused ect.

Also im having alot of sleeping problems, I quit smoking billy's about two weeks ago and I can never get to sleep, I just lay there at night thinking wich isnt good for depression :no:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    proper exercise, stretching before and after, good warm up's, good diet, plenty of raw fruit and veg, seed's grains... if your not planning on exercise, play a game, avoid your computer, read a book, shave your legs, cut your toenails, dye your hair... tell your doctor...

in all honesty, im having trouble sleeping, well it's not trouble sleeping, i just dont need much as i have extremely high energy levels than what i'm used because im eating a raw diet and quit smoking, though surely quitting smoking is not keeping me awake.. despite the phycological associations of smoking before i sleep
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The hardest part is actualy getting up in the morning and doing shit, ive got a bad routine of just doing what ever I want. I think what I need to learn is disipline.

Also the smoking before sleep thing is a killer. In my clear headed sober state I tend to think to much, witch is whats keeping me from sleeping.