Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Testimonial for hemorrhoids / bum bleeding

I've posted this topic a couple of times before as a problem, but I'm now posting this time as a solution to other TheSiters who may have this problem. I had a pre-colonoscopy last year and my problem was merely down to self-harming - wiping too hard, which then spiraled into habit. I tried a few creams, some over the counter, others prescription and I found that they only worked as long as I was on them. As soon as I was off it, my habit resurfaced. I then wondered to myself if a toilet paper alternative existed. Maybe use baby wipes? Something moist and a bit kinder on you? While in Sainsbury's recently, lo and behold I found out that it existed! Andrex manufactures it and Sainsbury's do their own as well. I continued to bleed for the first 2 days of usage but I can now safely say that I have been healed for 2 weeks which is the longest time for me in years. It's a common problem. Don't be shy - just do it :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.