Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post a photo of yourself

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ah, thanks :)

one of few pics of my "au natural" haha.
    i tend to avoid cameras on the days that i have no makeup on.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    ah, thanks :)

one of few pics of my "au natural" haha.
    i tend to avoid cameras on the days that i have no makeup on.
    Seriously, this makeup craze that so many women seem to have nowadays is annoying. There's nothing wrong with what you look like.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hmm....I think I feel a lot better about the way I look, still needs improving :heart: Unless I edit the image. I was about to burst out laughing in this pick btw. I was scared I was going to fall of the edge in London x
  • Options
    Lovely pic Cupcake.
  • Options
    Seriously, this makeup craze that so many women seem to have nowadays is annoying. There's nothing wrong with what you look like.
    But makeup is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Seriously, I *hate* people who are all, 'ew, why do you wear so much makeup? There's nothing wrong with how you look!' Some girls wear it because they just like to wear it, ffs.
  • Options
    Seriously, I *hate* people who are all, 'ew, why do you wear so much makeup? There's nothing wrong with how you look!' Some girls wear it because they just like to wear it, ffs.
    No problem with that. But liking to wear it is a lot different than "Oh the horror, it would be horrible if somebody saw me without makeup, going out without it is worse than going out naked" (exaggeration added by me).
  • Options
    No problem with that. But liking to wear it is a lot different than "Oh the horror, it would be horrible if somebody saw me without makeup, going out without it is worse than going out naked" (exaggeration added by me).
    I dunno, I kind of get it. I DO feel naked going out without makeup on. That doesn't mean I won't do it, but - particularly when I'm going out somewhere nice/special/whatever - my makeup is a part of who I am. It's rare that I will go out for the day without at least my mascara/eyebrows done. It just opens up my face and makes me look much more bright-eyed and awake.
  • Options
    I dunno, I kind of get it. I DO feel naked going out without makeup on. That doesn't mean I won't do it, but - particularly when I'm going out somewhere nice/special/whatever - my makeup is a part of who I am. It's rare that I will go out for the day without at least my mascara/eyebrows done.
    And that is what annoys me. I'm allowed an opinion, I think. :)
  • Options
    I agree, there are some serious lovely looking girls about but for some reason seem to be ruining it by slappin on 2 much makeup!! x
  • Options
    And that is what annoys me. I'm allowed an opinion, I think. :)
    Why does that annoy you?

Mascara/eyebrows =/= a full face of makeup. I look dead without mascara on, and because of my little compulsion that I have developed where I have been plucking my eyebrows into oblivion, I look odd if I don't use my eyebrow pencil. It just gives me that little extra lift to my face that I need when I don't get enough sleep ever.
  • Options
    Why does that annoy you?

Mascara/eyebrows =/= a full face of makeup. I look dead without mascara on, and because of my little compulsion that I have developed where I have been plucking my eyebrows into oblivion, I look odd if I don't use my eyebrow pencil. It just gives me that little extra lift to my face that I need when I don't get enough sleep ever.
    It's one thing to do it to hide something that's actually a problem, such as your missing eyebrows (:p) or lack of sleep, and another to think that it's a necessity in the same way that clothes are considered to be when there's nothing factually wrong with your face.
  • Options
    It's one thing to do it to hide something that's actually a problem, such as your missing eyebrows (:p) or lack of sleep, and another to think that it's a necessity in the same way that clothes are considered to be when there's nothing factually wrong with your face.
    I would much rather see someone be confident and wearing makeup than hiding away with none on at all, though. Some girls just feel as though they need that little extra lift to emphasise their strong points, even if they (like me) think they aren't too bad looking.
  • Options
    I would much rather see someone be confident and wearing makeup than hiding away with none on at all, though.
    Of course. Did I give the impression that I was saying "You don't need it so don't let me see you wearing it, do anything you can to not wear it?" I don't think so. But I'd even more rather see someone be confident without. And the fact that some/many (I hope for the former, fear the latter) can't be confident without is a significant social problem of our times.
  • Options
    Surely it's only a problem if we run out of makeup? :p
  • Options
    I don't think it's a 'significant' problem at all. It's just one of those things.

I have to say, it always amuses me when men are all, 'I prefer girls without makeup'. You'd be surprised at the difference between what men perceive as the 'natural' look, and what girls actually look like without makeup.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Surely it's only a problem if we run out of makeup? :p
    :heart:
  • Options
    I don't think it's a 'significant' problem at all. It's just one of those things.
    Dependence on a material thing on such a basic level is always a problem. It would be the same if you said that you feel "naked" if you left your house without a red flag with a bear on it.
    I have to say, it always amuses me when men are all, 'I prefer girls without makeup'. You'd be surprised at the difference between what men perceive as the 'natural' look, and what girls actually look like without makeup.
    This is a different issue. I prefer girls/women without noticeable makeup (in other words, unnatural colours). It has nothing to do with whether I think it's a problem if someone doesn't feel right without any kind.
  • Options
    Ah, I *knew* it.

I could argue my point about my makeup habit forever by explaining how a well-done face brings out and emphasises the good parts of a face while concealing or...what's the word...not hiding, but you know what I mean...the less good parts. I wear makeup that I know will bring out the colours in my eyes or make my lips look pouty and kissable, or highlight my cheekbones.

There is a difference between too much makeup and strong makeup. Just saying.
  • Options
    Ah, I *knew* it.

I could argue my point about my makeup habit forever by explaining how a well-done face brings out and emphasises the good parts of a face while concealing or...what's the word...not hiding, but you know what I mean...the less good parts. I wear makeup that I know will bring out the colours in my eyes or make my lips look pouty and kissable, or highlight my cheekbones.

There is a difference between too much makeup and strong makeup. Just saying.
    Perhaps. It still is an opinion, and it still has nothing to do with the discussion above. ;)
  • Options
    Discussions evolve, non?
  • Options
    Discussions evolve, non?
    Sure, no objection there. I'm just afraid you might be confusing the two issues, and thinking that they're both the same one or that one excuses the other.
  • Options
    *shrug*

Pet hate.
  • Options
    Yeah, people confusing two separate issues for one is a pet hate of mine.
  • Options
    OLOL

I wasn't confusing them. I was evolving the discussion.

1. I HATE people who get all judgemental or arsey about people who choose to wear makeup. Yeah, it's not healthy for a girl to not want to leave the house without mascara on, but it's also none of your business and if that's what makes her happy, so be it. Especially with a girl who is as young as TTBS, who will probably grow out of the need to wear makeup everywhere in a few years when she has matured and realised what a beautiful girl she is.

2. I extra-hate people who judge ME because I choose to wear bold or distinctive makeup. It doesn't make me a lesser person because I choose to emphasise my assets. Would you feel the same way about someone who wore a push-up bra and a low cut top? I very highly doubt it.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    P&d/s&a? ;)
  • Options
    Sorry Helen :o
  • Options
    Sorry Helen :o
    Indeed.

But I will say this: I truly apologise if it ever seemed I was judgemental, because that was totally not my intention. All I meant was to say what my opinion on the mindset is, not to judge anyone who has it.
  • Options
    Interesting discussion! Franki/Indrid, if you started another one I'm sure people would get involved ;)
  • Options
    *too lazy*
  • Options
    But I will say this: I truly apologise if it ever seemed I was judgemental, because that was totally not my intention. All I meant was to say what my opinion on the mindset is, not to judge anyone who has it.

Ain't nothing wrong with being judgemental. Don't go apologising for it!

I'm judging the shit out of all of you right now. :D