Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey
Sorry about all the posts at the moment, i just need a bit of help, advice and reassurance.
I still self harm, its been 5 months now. My head is constantly like a hurricane of thoughts, it never stops, even when im trying to sleep. I find it hard to sleep and that affects how i behave and therefore affects people around me. I dont always self harm, but I feel so down and out of it all the time. Life is like a blur, it just passes me by. I have lost who i was, changed so much. I want to find the old happy me but dont know where to find her. I talk to people about how i feel but most of them dont get it and think im crazy, am i?
Im just worried so any advice would be helpful. and thanks for all the comments on my last thread.
x

Comments

• Options
    Your not crazy babee
    i love you <3
  • Options
    i agree.
    we all r go through it
  • Options
    Hello,
    No, you are not crazy. I have been self harming for many years, and am not ready to stop. I don't think you should be forced to, just so longer as you are safe that is what matters. Remember, if you cut, to clean the wound and whatever you use too.
    Also, if you can find something that helps you that would be good. Like, flicking a rubber band, going for a run, cooking, reading. Anything that can calm you down.
    As for trying to sleep; maybe listen to music? I find Rufus Wainright very calming.
    Good luck,
    Xx
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. Still not going well, but hopefully I will get thorough it x
  • Options
    re

Hey limesquashx,

Sorry to hear that youre having difficulties with self harm. Self harm is often used as a way of coping with emotional difficulties.

You say that your thinking alot and are having difficulties sleeping?
    would you like to discuss some of those thoughts and feelings here?or youve said previously you have a mentor?can you talk to them?

the site is here if you feel youd like to chat, take care:wave: