Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice Please!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best friend and her partner aren't speaking much, and she has been feeling really down. Although I am there for her, I don't know what to say to her to cheer her up, as I am scared I might hurt her even more. Any advice on what I could say? Reply ASAP please!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Firstly it would depend on what they're feeling down about exactly, and whether it's a subject you think your friend would feel comfortable talking to you about.

Of course, if she's a close friend and you've known them for a long time, all a friend really needs is somebody to pull them to one side and say "Look, I know you've been feeling rather rough lately, and if there's anything you want to discuss then you can tell me, and it won't leave this room".

Something like that.

Once you've then established whether or not your friend will talk to you, it is then down to you to be honest with your friend (and vice versa).