Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

school...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Oh. My. God.

This is probably more of a rant, but its a muchly needed one.

Basically i want to drop biology since it is taking up all my time and is affecting my other subjects. To get into uni i need to pass computing and maths, so i want to spend as much time as i can on them. I went to drop it and the teacher was ok with it. The head of the department who the previous day said (while chuckling) That i should drop the subject and cut my loses as i am never going to pass the course. (I'm doing fine in it considering its AH and its basically a crash course). So i got a row of her for wanting to drop the subject but she finally signed it.

The next day i have to get the head of senior year to sign it, i go, he says no (twat) He wanted a meeting with me about it so today i had one and got a massive life lesson story from him. I wasn't impressed. Basically he still wont sign the sheet. :mad:

Right now i am really annoyed. He said i should do the course to spite the teacher who said i couldn't do it. But its not about that, maybe if this was last year i would of. I am NOT prepared to fuck my future up to spite a teacher that may cause me to fail the subjects i need for uni. I mean i really like biology, but this is about taking the logical and rational decision here. I need to do this to get into uni. I can't count how many times i have said this to teachers but they are not getting it. :mad:

And to top it all of my mother turns around and said, if you drop biology and get the grades to get into uni BUT they don't meet her standards then she wont let me go. I'm sick of people telling me what to do right now. Mum is annoyed i'm dropping it but as i said to her This is not about her and what she wants. This is about no one else but me and if people think i am taking the easy option out then i don't really care because its about me and what i need to do. But no one seems to get it :crying: and i'm just getting really worked up about it and when i'm stressed its not good!

So yeah, i feel slightly better now. any opinions? lol
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Oh. My. God.

This is probably more of a rant, but its a muchly needed one.

Basically i want to drop biology since it is taking up all my time and is affecting my other subjects. To get into uni i need to pass computing and maths, so i want to spend as much time as i can on them. I went to drop it and the teacher was ok with it. The head of the department who the previous day said (while chuckling) That i should drop the subject and cut my loses as i am never going to pass the course. (I'm doing fine in it considering its AH and its basically a crash course). So i got a row of her for wanting to drop the subject but she finally signed it.

The next day i have to get the head of senior year to sign it, i go, he says no (twat) He wanted a meeting with me about it so today i had one and got a massive life lesson story from him. I wasn't impressed. Basically he still wont sign the sheet. :mad:

Right now i am really annoyed. He said i should do the course to spite the teacher who said i couldn't do it. But its not about that, maybe if this was last year i would of. I am NOT prepared to fuck my future up to spite a teacher that may cause me to fail the subjects i need for uni. I mean i really like biology, but this is about taking the logical and rational decision here. I need to do this to get into uni. I can't count how many times i have said this to teachers but they are not getting it. :mad:

And to top it all of my mother turns around and said, if you drop biology and get the grades to get into uni BUT they don't meet her standards then she wont let me go. I'm sick of people telling me what to do right now. Mum is annoyed i'm dropping it but as i said to her This is not about her and what she wants. This is about no one else but me and if people think i am taking the easy option out then i don't really care because its about me and what i need to do. But no one seems to get it :crying: and i'm just getting really worked up about it and when i'm stressed its not good!

So yeah, i feel slightly better now. any opinions? lol

Firstly, HUGS *hugs*

Secondly, you mother has no god damn right to keep you away from uni or any powers to stop you, so please do not worry, personally I think she is trying to scare you.

If you are 100% sure you want to drop the subject, and it is for the right reasons then go for it, it is your choice, if it turns out to be a mistake then so be it, we all have to make mistakes, its the easiest way to learn those important life lessons.

As for your quitting, what about skipping the subject? not turning up? not doing the work etc? surly as you are in highers, I believe it works the same as college, you have no LEGAL obligation to be there, go to all the other subjects, worst that happens is you don't turn up and fail the exam? you don't even have to declare the grade? do you?
  • Options
    or go and sit in lessons if you have to, and attempt the homework but don't spend too long on it. if you don't need it to get into uni, there's not much point.
  • Options
    I forgot i made this :D It took 3 weeks of fighting but i am out the class! Its funny though as my bio teacher thought it was all sorted (as did i at first) so i didn't need to go to class and the head that wouldn't sign the sheet thought i was in class. :D so i have the free's to do lots of work and catch up with other subjects. So its all looking good!

As for mum saying that she wont let me go to uni if i don't get grades that suit her. She hasn't brought it back up but i think she meant it, even if it was only to scare me because i know she doesn't really want me to go because i will be far away. Bless her though she is really worried about me going.