Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My girlfriend just broke up with me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Before any cynics say anything, yes i'm only 15, and yes i'm in love. If someone here can't understand that, then please don't be condescending.

Anyway, we have been flitting on and off for around a year, but recently I realised how I feel for her, and she claimed to feel the same. But earlier tonight, she told me that she wasn't sure anymore, and that our relationship seemed to be completely sexual. This of course, was because she doesn't like it being just us, and now she "Just wants to be friends"

Seriously. I mean i've devoted every waking second of the past year trying to make us work, despite our repetitive breakups, and now what? What do I do from here? I know I should move on, but I can't. I know the second I move on, she'll change her mind again. And I know if she asks me out again, I won't be able to say no, because she means too damn much to me.

I don't know how you can help really, this was more for rant purpose, so thanks for listening :)

Comments

• Options
    You can't hold out for her changing her mind as you could be waiting years. I'm going to go down the age route here but you're only 15 and have many years to find "the one."
    It seems like you've tried very hard to make it work and it doesn't look like it's ever going to work.
    Just concentrate on your school work and having fun.
    I hope that doesn't come across as condescending as it's not meant to be that way.
  • Options
    Personally, I'd not take her back. If she can't make her mind up, you could be waiting for ages. You're only 15, you have plenty of time to find someone.
    Move on. Take your mind off her. If she asks for you back, don't say yes, because it seems as if the cycle will just repeat itself. Trust me, there are plenty of ways to have fun without a girlfriend.
    Relationships in high school very rarely last anyway.
  • Options
    At the age of 15 most people have only been dating 2/3 years on average, thats 2 or 3 years out of the rest of your whole lives. Obviously she means something to you or you wouldnt have come looking for advice on here, but while im not going to say theres plenty more fish in the sea, I will say that theres more chance of your life changing in the 5 years from 15-20 then there will be at most other points in your life.

Dont hold yourself back, make the most of it :)