Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heart-Broken

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's been almost three months since my ex and I have split up and I'm still completely crazy about him. He was the perfect boyfriend. We are still good mates but sometimes I can't stand being near him, as it reminds me of the times me and him were together, especially at school. I want to tell him I still love him, but I'm scared it may ruin our friendship we still have. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    the soonest you find another love interest the soonest you least feel this way towards your ex. :thumb:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey broken'piece,

Welcome to TheSite :wave:

It sounds like you're having a hard time getting over your ex boyfriend and that fact you're still friends is perhaps adding to the problem?

First off, it might be an idea to give yourself some space from him? It doesn't mean pushing him away altogether, but just actively distancing yourself to see whether you do really still want to be with him romantically, or whether you feel perhaps he's not as well suited to you as it seems. Alternatively, after taking some time away you might actually realise he's absolutely the boy you want to be with. Either way, some space will probably give you some perspective and a chance to think about it without distraction.

If you do realise that you still can't think of any other boy, then a subtle approach may be the most comfortable for you? You don't have to declare your undying love for him, but you could just let him know that you still think you'd make a good couple and would he be interested in giving it another go? Chances are he will give you an honest answer.

Obviously you can't put all your hopes on him, so bear in mind that if he isn't interested then the best thing all round might be some full-on space away from him until you feel like a friendship is realistic.

Hope this helps and take care. :)
  • Options
    may i ask if you hang around anyone else? whe i split up with my ex the first time; i was constantly trying to find ways to be round him. helen is right in saying you need to find your space and your own ground.

and i am sorry to add that no one is perfect- why is he your ex in the first place?