Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

drunk and disorderly

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont really want to hijack the thread but i've served in Iraq, Afghan and Kenya as well as being part of the terrorist training unit for home ground.

    After being injured in service i became a manager for a well known chain of petrol stores and ended up travelling the UK to train people.

    I've held over 20 jobs in a vast array of different areas of employment, hiked accross a LOT of the uk, traveled to 3 continents, regularly for charity reasons and have had to battle with a rediculous ammount of disabilities.

    I have been married and now in the process of divorce, have 3 children and a step son.

    I have a lot of life experience, much of it i would rather not have had but this doesn't negate the fact that my oppinion should be respected as other peoples.

    Police are only pricks if you act like a prick towards them.

    I never said that everybody who walks round at 3:30 is drunk. but my point was that most are and i stand by that.

    Kenya is a really big place to serve, considering its a mass training ground.

    If you have all this stuff behind your belt, you really shouldnt feel the need to back your self up in front of everyone in here, you know you have done it, so why compromise PERSEC on this forum then?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    MrG wrote: »
    Kenya is a really big place to serve, considering its a mass training ground.

    If you have all this stuff behind your belt, you really shouldnt feel the need to back your self up in front of everyone in here, you know you have done it, so why compromise PERSEC on this forum then?

    To be honest i'm pretty pissed off with gobby little sh*ts who don't know how easy they have life and still think they have the right to look down their noses at me.

    I don't really feel the need to back myself up. I do however feel the need to let people know that their happy little lives are exactly that because of the people i trained, worked and served with who risk their lives every day in order to ensure that they can have the right to make stupid, snide little comments against others.

    I am a great believer in freedom of speach but i also believe that the morons of this world should loose the ability to talk so that the educated speakers among us can be heard without having to hear the drivel that always follows.

    Sorry, rant over.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    katralla wrote: »
    Well, if that's how it seems to you. Do you not hate the police then?

    No, i ment it is how you come across,

    I personally have had dealings with the police before and every time I have dealt with them, they have been professional, courteous and helpful,
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be honest i'm pretty pissed off with gobby little sh*ts who don't know how easy they have life and still think they have the right to look down their noses at me.

    I don't really feel the need to back myself up. I do however feel the need to let people know that their happy little lives are exactly that because of the people i trained, worked and served with who risk their lives every day in order to ensure that they can have the right to make stupid, snide little comments against others.

    I am a great believer in freedom of speach but i also believe that the morons of this world should loose the ability to talk so that the educated speakers among us can be heard without having to hear the drivel that always follows.

    Sorry, rant over.

    You are my hero:heart: :heart:

    In all seriousness, after reading this I have so much respect for you, a lot of my friends are ex/current serving servicemen and women and they are heroes, What you said has so much truth behind it. and I am one who believes policing is one of the hardest jobs in the world,

    For example a friend of mine moaned to be the other day for being pulled over and brethalised, surly it is better to pull over a 100 innocent motorists and catch 1 drink driver than pull over none because your not sure he "could" be innocent and let one cause an accident,

    anyway my hijack is over, night...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's a really insulting comment to make Morph and you're making plenty of snide, stupid comments yourself within it. You don't know what life experience another user has or how it compares to your own, regardless of what your career is.

    Whilst Katralla's comment wasn't pleasant and was dismissive it had been addressed and hardly justifies being called a shit, a moron, uneducated or that what she, or any other poster, has to say is drivel.

    I'd suggest re-reading the registration rules of the forum, in particular your agreement not to make personal attacks on other users. That promise isn't revoked simply because you feel like a rant.

    If you'd like to continue to use this charitie's services I'd suggest you post in a manner that implies you actually are as 'educated' as you claim, because it's damn hard to see it in that post, or at the very least count to 10 before posting.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And just to clarify - lets get back to the original topic please.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline! No morality! No respect! New ForestPosts: 14,945 Part of the furniture
    Police are only pricks if you act like a prick towards them.

    Tell that to the Jean Charles de Menezes family and the relatives of Ian Tomlinson. Go look up The Battle Of The Beanfield on YouTube.

    I've plenty of first hand experience of the police behaving badly. They abuse their powers, they don't know the law and as an institution are racist. I worry that some of you have such blind faith in them. This idea that only criminals have to worry about how the police behave is absurd.

    The police don't do enough to stop power hungry, violent and abusive people from signing up.

    And if somebody acts like a prick to a policeman, I expect that policeman to act professionally NOT to act like a prick aswell.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Really, someone start a P&D thread...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    being in the street at 3 in the morning after having a few drinks is not illegal

    Did I say it was? :rolleyes:
  • SkiveSkive No discipline! No morality! No respect! New ForestPosts: 14,945 Part of the furniture
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Did I say it was? :rolleyes:
    And to be fair, generally the only people out at 0300 in the morning are drunks, burglars, night shift workers and the police so Morph does have a point.

    What point? That the OP was drunk at 3 in the morning. Morph has decided for himself that it's an 'open and shut case' and the op is guilty.

    I can only go on what the OP has told us, that he was assaulted and was remonstrating with his assailant before being arrested and the police neglected to talk to the attacker. I certainly think it for the op it's worth talking to a solicitor.

    A caution is more than a telling off, and somebody working for the police stating otherwise is damn irresponsible.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    What point? That the OP was drunk at 3 in the morning. Morph has decided for himself that it's an 'open and shut case' and the op is guilty.

    I can only go on what the OP has told us, that he was assaulted and was remonstrating with his assailant before being arrested and the police neglected to talk to the attacker. I certainly think it for the op it's worth talking to a solicitor.

    A caution is more than a telling off, and somebody working for the police stating otherwise is damn irresponsible.


    Sorry, i think i explained myself wrong. I didn't mean that it WAS an open and shut case. what i meant was that if it went to court then that is probably how they would see it.

    And i'm sorry for being a bit of a twat yesterday. it really was not one of the better days in my life! no excuse but its the reason none the less.
    Skive wrote: »
    Tell that to the Jean Charles de Menezes family and the relatives of Ian Tomlinson. Go look up The Battle Of The Beanfield on YouTube.

    I've plenty of first hand experience of the police behaving badly. They abuse their powers, they don't know the law and as an institution are racist. I worry that some of you have such blind faith in them. This idea that only criminals have to worry about how the police behave is absurd.

    The police don't do enough to stop power hungry, violent and abusive people from signing up.

    And if somebody acts like a prick to a policeman, I expect that policeman to act professionally NOT to act like a prick aswell.

    There are prats in every walk of life including the police force but the majority of police (in my experience) will deal with people fairly and with respect as long as you show them respect. But yes, i have also seen occasions where police are just out to get an arrest and they dont care how they do it although to my knowledge, this isnt a wide spread thing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    .
Sign In or Register to comment.