Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who would you vote for?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm I'm not sure who to vote for, none of the 'mainstream' political parties really represent my views and I really dont trust any politicians at all these days.

Whoever 'wins' the election tho, I know that MORE CUTS WILL be made to all public services, and that I will be very lucky if I still have a paying job this time next year.

Quite depressing really.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    The bigger parties however, compromise much, much more. the proof is in the pudding - there is so little to distinguish between them! half a percent here in one tax and half a percent there in spending... but its because they are trying to get elected, they are presenting the best view of themselves to the majority of people, rather than going after a single issue (like the environment or immigration or whatever).
    I have no objection to political parties making compromises from time to time, agreeing not to take a reform as far as they would like. Refusing to do this just leads to charges of arrogance, usually from the likes of myself. Politicians showing that they are human beings, as implausible as that sometimes is, would be a welcome sight.

This general election - whenever Broon has the guts to hold it - is going to be a case of people voting for change, but getting more of the same. Even the Limp Dems don't differentiate themselves enough...