Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another thesite romance...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Errrr.. so just how big is Jim V? :blush:

:shocking:
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Alright guys, theyre only young and will soon find out if it will work out or not. Just because we're older and *slightly* more experienced we cant tell them what to do with their lives, they will soon find out and learn from their own mistakes and experiences

Yeah sure whatever, I was just hoping someone could explain it to me, that's all. It seems weird to me, but I'm open to having my mind changed, so I thought if I asked, someone could explain in what way this is a relationship, and how people can have relationships online.

I'm just interested because I've never even had any online friends, let alone a boyfriend, so I'm wondering how it works, that's all.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Haha amazing! Sorry ShyBoy but with an offer like that I don't think I can turn Firey down...

:heart:
  • Options
    jamelia wrote: »
    Yeah sure whatever, I was just hoping someone could explain it to me, that's all. It seems weird to me, but I'm open to having my mind changed, so I thought if I asked, someone could explain in what way this is a relationship, and how people can have relationships online.

I'm just interested because I've never even had any online friends, let alone a boyfriend, so I'm wondering how it works, that's all.

It's just like an offline friendship - you talk, connect with people right. It's not for me because it lacks some very substantial and important elements but if it makes some people happy then fair play to them.
  • Options
    :shocking:

Unfortunately, I hear he's in moderation.
  • Options
    Are we allowed to start a pool on how long it'll last or is that going to far :(
  • Options
    haha, shyboy e-rejection.
  • Options
    I thought Jordan was going out with Stacey still, well his facebook says that.

edit: well says theyre engaged.
  • Options
    How about both you and Hellfire try to show a bit of class and stop behaving like kids in a playground.
  • Options
    My comment was a valid question,

and 8months god your aiming hi JS...
  • Options
    If you think that's a serious question man, you really want to take a step back. Just try to think about how wholly inappropriate it would be to use another's relationship simply as a way of insulting or laughing at them - which is the only the place the idea of betting on someone's break up comes from.

It may be worth remembering why TheSite is here Hellfire. (admittedly I understand the irony of saying that in a thread about a 12 year old and a 15 year old's online relationship but it slipped out before I thought about it...)
  • Options
    And I'll answer the whole meeting question if you so may like me to. No we've never met, but we have talked a whole lot outside TheSite and about other things, and i doubt that it would be any trouble us meeting up fair often, i start a new job soon, so i shall get a fair amount of money for train tickets :)

Do your parents know about this? I mean, the age gap (yes, I know it;s only 3 years...) and the fact that you'replanning on meeting up?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    If you think that's a serious question man, you really want to take a step back. Just try to think about how wholly inappropriate it would be to use another's relationship simply as a way of insulting or laughing at them - which is the only the place the idea of betting on someone's break up comes from.

It may be worth remembering why TheSite is here Hellfire. (admittedly I understand the irony of saying that in a thread about a 12 year old and a 15 year old's online relationship but it slipped out before I thought about it...)

In all seriousness how is anyone suppose to take this whole thread serious. I mean honestly Good luck to them as I have said but I can't help to think it's a doomed relationship, hey if it works good luck but come-on....
  • Options
    Jim V's e-penis just grew :)

My mother doesn't mind what i do, aslong as it's within the law really, but i've enough freedom to roam the country and she wouldn't really mind aslong as i kept in contact and came home.

WTF your mum allows you to ROAM the country go anywhere you want and meet randoms from the net....

ok....... i am for once speechless
  • Options
    Ah, this thread brings back memories. I remember when I had an online LDR relationship. I felt so serious at the time. I also remember all the warnings from older people I received. ;)

If the two of them are enjoying themselves, what's the harm? They're both young and going through a stage of trials and error. I remember I had to try a lot on my own skin at that age. Some things worked, others didn't.

My LDR never-met-the-guy relationship failed and I remember how heartbroken I was. It was however a learning curve that I don't regret having gone through. :)
  • Options
    Hear hear Jaloux.

You can actually form very tight bonds with someone you only know over the net. For instance, how much does your online buddy know about you that your irl friends don't? I expect they know more because you can relax and just say whatever. Who are you then closer to, the people you see every day in person who don't know what you're thinking, or thepeople who you never see but know exactly how you think and are thinking.

I have online friends who I hold in the same esteem as offline friends. So, whilst I've never had a purely online sexual/partener/lover relationship, I can still see how it can be important.
  • Options
    Hellfire - Lol really?

I went to my first TheSite meet at 15. Granted I went with someone my mum knew (or rather, I told her I did....er....) and it was a public place, but I would hope if these two are sensible, they will do the same the first time they meet.

I actually agree with Jaloux and Katralla in some respects - while I'm sceptical about the relationship aspect because I've been-there-done-that, I know how easy it is to form very close bonds of friendship with people over the net. In my case, once we'd met and been friends a while it led to more and we're still going strong(ish) 3 and a half years later.

I would hope though - this is to you Jordan and B-A - that you ARE sensible enough to meet publically and with friends around you. Sometimes you can think you know someone and it turns around and bites you in the ass. Be careful, and be extra careful about throwing around big words when you haven't even met yet. I know how much that can hurt later down the line when you realise neither of you really meant it.

Good luck to you guys. I still think it's adorable :heart:.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    I still think it's adorable :heart:.

Haha!! No-body has ever described me, or anything to do with me, adorable before!

Well, when Jordan and I do meet (which I am pretty sure we will) it would be in a public place and yes I probably would have friends with me.
    Neither of us ever said it would last for ever.. maybe a week, maybe a year. Or maybe it will last forever. If we don't know, the no-body else does. Even married couples split up, so who knows how long we'll last. But I, and Jordan, will try and make it work as best we can for as long as we can :)

But, at the moment at least, we are happy with the arengments. No, it's not ideal. Of course we would like to see each other more than we can, but we can't.
    And, my mum knows I have online friends. Admitidly, she doesn't know I am dating one of them. But she wouldn't mind, Jordan is year 11 meaning we could be in the same school. I have, as you may well remember, dated a year 11 before that my mum knew about.

And Jordan... I am not a fat bloke. I am an angel :angel: Haha!
    Xx
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Haha amazing! Sorry ShyBoy but with an offer like that I don't think I can turn Firey down...

But..but... i'm coming to NZ on Thursday! perfect... :D
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    haha, shyboy e-rejection.

I know haha :D
  • Options
    And just to keep on topic, I wish them both the best of luck. I know Jordan has had issues in the past with relationships- so hopefully he will take time to think about that, and not repeat those mistakes- just take it slowly :)

:love:
  • Options
    ME! it'd be awesome we would just go dress shopping all the time and go watching cool bands like paramore etc. then we'd go back to new zealand and live happily ever after.

unfortunately im not gay and neither are you but in an ideal world! hahaaaaaa x

HI!!! Then I'll meet you all at the airport and it will be an orgy.

At the airport.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Hear hear Jaloux.

You can actually form very tight bonds with someone you only know over the net. For instance, how much does your online buddy know about you that your irl friends don't? I expect they know more because you can relax and just say whatever. Who are you then closer to, the people you see every day in person who don't know what you're thinking, or thepeople who you never see but know exactly how you think and are thinking.

I have online friends who I hold in the same esteem as offline friends. So, whilst I've never had a purely online sexual/partener/lover relationship, I can still see how it can be important.

:yes: I was v.close to teh_gerbil for ages before he disappeared. I still hope to meet him when I venture over next year though. But it's a learning curve, I learnt, and am now (and still was v.cynical) about LDR regarding rarely/never seeing eachother
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Also I forgot Gavin and Maria. Bestest couple EVAR.

Are they still together? I was wondering about that the other day. I still remember when they got together.

I've met at lot of good (and not so good) people on here over the years, including the one person who turned into a very good friend, who shall remain nameless, but knows I love them very much, if I dont see them that often these days. ;)

As for the thread matter. Extreme caution required. The age gap is one thing, plus knowing someone online and in real life can be two very different things.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Are they still together? I was wondering about that the other day. I still remember when they got together.

Yup. They are very happy and very much in love.

For the thread, I do advise caution too. But I do that for any new romance, particularly ones that have started online. But I ain't gonna preach to you or be mean, like some of the comments on here. Some of which, might I add, were pretty unnecessary, but hey, in some respects it was gonna happen.

As long as you guys are happy about whatever it is you have going on, then that is the main thing :thumb:
  • Options
    As for the thread matter. Extreme caution required. The age gap is one thing, plus knowing someone online and in real life can be two very different things.

:yes: Not that this is always a bad thing of course.
  • Options
    You guessed it...
    Me and Jordan :blush:

We just thought we'd let you all know :-)

Xx

Saw this one coming.

I have tried to pull some thesite guys in my time but failed :p
  • Options
    Saw this one coming.

Soo did I hahaa!! When I first joined, and read his posts, I was like "he will be mine"
    :lol:
    Xx
  • Options
    Soo did I hahaa!! When I first joined, and read his posts, I was like "he will be mine"
    :lol:
    Xx

..stalker..! :p:thumb:
  • Options
    skakitty wrote: »
    ..stalker..! :p:thumb:

hahaha I soo am aren't I?

It paid off though :razz:
    Xx