Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

character references

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
i'm currently filling out an application form.

if my application is a success, they will seek an employer's reference from ALL of my previous employers.

BUT they also want two character references. who can do these?

i only really know one of my old lecturers who can do one...

:(

ive gotta find another one by tomorrow :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    arggghh, i can't find any answers on google...someone please reply.

i'm really stressing as i can't think of a second character referee and i've got to submit this application today (online application form is only available for 48 hours).

has it got to be a teacher or doctor or someone like that? i'm screwed :crying:

i only really know one tutor that will do a reference for me and theres no family friends or anything i can ask. most of my friends are still training/trying to find decent jobs too.
    It could be anyone of good standing really. Doesn't have to be a doctor or teacher.
    i have a close friend who is a nurse, would she be ok? she's qualified now and has known me for ten years. she's the same age as me though so only young.
    If it doesn't state specific requirements then she would be fine.

She's a professional and she's known you for a long time, it doesn't usually have to be someone who's known you through their professional capacity, and if it does then it will say so.

So your tutor and your friend would be perfect, you've got someone who's known you through their profession and someone who's known you a really long time and is a professional.

i've text my friend who is a nurse and she said she'd happily do one so problem solved.