Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wages of job vacancies

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I've been a dole scrounger since October. Every time I look through vacancies, the wage offered is either minimum wage (£5.80/hour) or it's sky high like £35k. All I want is £15-16k because that was what I was on before. Fifteen bloody k - is that too difficult to ask for? Christ, the nat. average wage is £20k and I'm swimming in the same sea as other overqualified degree graduates. Does any other TheSiters want to share my sorrow? :-)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you want to go for a higher paid job??? I'm on £26k and could quite happily apply for a job that pays £35k.

You might not get in, but wouldn't it be great if you managed to land a job that pays £20k a year more than what you think you're worth!
  • Options
    the national average is a mean average, not a modal or median average.
  • Options
    The problem with high paid jobs is that a driver's license is compulsary, plus the commute can be 1 or 2 cities away. Just ask any contact wearer what a -26.25 is, and you will find out pretty sharpish that I'm no driving material! I could get a train to my next city but I live half an hour's walk to the train station.

In just 1 sentence, it means that I'm restricted to my town (Stafford).
  • Options
    Couldn't you move to a nearby town if you got a job there?
  • Options
    I'm bound to my mortgage until August, but I guess I could sell up and move after then.