Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

car problems,can anyone help ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:confused: hi i am 4"7 and is finding it very hard to find a driving instructor and a car please couls someone give me some information or advise ?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there, welcome to TheSite :wave: This is a tircky one, I haven't been able to find any official info on what options are available for shorter people when it comes to learning to drive although it does sound possible that you can buy pedal extenders to help you keep a good height above the wheel.

However, I did come accross this dicsussion on Mumsnet which seems to point to the make of the car being a big factor and that some people of a similar height to you have had no problems once they've found the right car.

I'd suggest you keep trying, it sounds like the instructors you've asked so far haven't been very helpful; knowing some makes of cars that you'll be able to drive might help. Have you tried one of the larger driving schools like BSM or the AA? You could give them a call and ask for some advice, the AA have a freephone number - 0800 980 1834

Good luck and if I come accross any other useful information I'll post it up :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    get a compact car :thumb: