Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Full time contract not renewed but offer of part time queries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

I'm new on here but after reading the site i am hoping someone can help me. I have been working for a company for 18 months, my contract has been renewed 3 times on a 6 month basis. In Dec they said they are not renewing my contract full time but offered me a part time job and permanent 18 hr a week over 3 days Mon-Wed. I was gutted but hey it's a job, anyway was looking for another job yesterday morning and went on to my company's web site and to my horror my job is being advertised? well another 18 hr job is being advertised, they told me they did not need me full time any-more and they could only offer me 18 hrs. as they is all i am needed ( I know this is untrue and so do my colleagues) it is getting worse and worse there, what i would like to know is can I apply for this other 18 hr job? as I feel why not? can someone help please many thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey hope you are well.

I was in this same situation a few years ago and I was feeling the same way as you are now, betrayed by the fact they weren’t being honest with you.

To try and resolve this issue I had a talk with my manager about it, I told him how I felt (in a polite way) and what made him change his mind what the fact I told him all the positive things I had done for the company. Also I made list of goals and promises in order to show that I am a valuable asset to the company

Have you had a talk to your manager to talk about this issue?

Amy
    x