Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you think of ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think of there reasons, ways...?

What do they say about them where ever you are?

I hope that's better.

Comments

• Options
    <rant>

Please, make the title of a thread something significant. We now have two threads with the same title: "What do you think of ..." Why defer the last word ("Communism," "ETA") to the body of the text? It's bad practice, plain and simple: it is liable to infuriate and confuse.

</rant>
  • Options
    Xico, first of all Mack does have a point.

Secondly you might come with some arguments when you want to start a discussion. Is there a particular thing within the ETA, which you want to discuss?
    Would be cool, if you started the thing of with some kind of a basis of your own thoughts as well.

Otherwise, have a nice stay, and have you read the guidelines of the forum?
  • Options
    ETA?
  • Options
    Ok everybody. I'm very sorry it will not happen again.:o
  • Options
    Good reasons, but going the wrong way about it.

They should have a seperate state, just like every race of people should have a homeland.

But, without exception (I think), terrorism has never worked, not even in the movies ;)

It just gets on my tits :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    ETA?

Basque separatists.

Like the IRA but with a spanish accent ;)

They even have marxist philosophy.
  • Options
    Re: What do you think of ETA?
    Originally posted by xicoperez
    What do you think of there reasons, ways...?

What do they say about them where ever you are?

I hope that's better.

OK - this doesn't make sense! 'What do you think of there reasons' does not mean a thing - it's THEIR - a completely different word giving a completely different meaning. They're, there and their are ALL DIFFERENT WORDS - not rleeated to each other.
  • Options
    Give him a break byny, he's spanish. One thing I guarantee is that I couldn't put forward any kind of argument in his language.

Why not just discuss the topic instead? I think the rest of us managed to work out what he was trying to say...
  • Options
    Well I am simply trying to teach our Spanish friend how to improve his English but I apologise all the same!

I'm not particularly interested in ETA - they are fueled by a sense of injustice just like the IRA I guess. To some they are Heroes and to others criminals. As an English person Living in Wales and speaking the language I can kind of see where they are coming from. But are their aims/beliefs worth blowing people up for?
  • Options
    heh thanks MOK.....I knew who ETA were but I didnt realise he was asking about the terrorist group. I thought it was some obscure political concept or something...Now hes edited and gone into detail, it makes much more sense :)

ETA....they are scum, just like every other terrorist group. They may well have a legitimate cause but they destroy any chance of achieving their aims by using bombs and terror.

They arent even any good at it...I mean at least the IRA and the middle eastern terrorists have managed to illicit sympathy from certain people and get their aims and beliefs known to people...ETA are pretty much universally disliked and very few people outside of Spain even know the reason they are blowing things up.

I dont really know much about the Spanish political system but surely ETA would be better off trying to get things done through the EU courts rather than with bombs which obviously arent working and only condemn the group further in the eyes of the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    rleated
    eachother
    spanish
    fueld
    Heroes
    Person
    Living

related
    each other
    Spanish
    fueled
    heroes
    person
    living

Your English is far from perfect either, byny.

On to more important matters. ETA...I would have to agree with the view that they are nothing more than terrorist scum. Unfortunately, the Palestinians are proving that terrorism does reap rewards, and so their terrorist friends are not going to stop.

I'm not well informed on the issue, but how effective is the ETA political wing, their version of Sinn Fein? I certainly don't see any terrorist group being effective without political clout.

The string of car bombs during the Seville summit proved what? That they have some C5 and a few cars to spare? Good for them. They're not doing a particularly good job of achieving anything, because they're not nearly as terrifying as other groups.

To answer the questions...

Their reasons? Understandable, but ultimately one of my pet hates, which is rabid nationalism. The day there is a unified Europe, I shall pop open the champagne bottle, and groups like ETA hardly promote such a concept.

What people think? They barely make an impression in my little community of ex-pats.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

On to more important matters. ETA...I would have to agree with the view that they are nothing more than terrorist scum. Unfortunately, the Palestinians are proving that terrorism does reap rewards, and so their terrorist friends are not going to stop.

At the moment this is only short term. Even now Israeli armed forces are pouring into Palestine.
    The thing with terrorists is, they don't know when to quit, or stop while they're ahead. The world knows about their plight, and the USA and UK are campaigning for them. But instead of stopping they simply carry on, and because of that they've fucked their chances up.
    The quicker the world wises up and says it won't take shit from terrorists the better. I'd personally love to see the IRA members executed, but I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Give him a break byny
    Thank you MOK...
    Originally posted by byny
    Well I am simply trying to teach our spanish friend how to improve his English but I apologise all the same!
    Thank you byny...

I'll give my opinion and answer any question tomorrow or so...

Same on the Commie question...
  • Options

related
    each other
    Spanish
    fueled
    heroes
    person
    living

Your English is far from perfect either, byny.

JESUS WEPT - they are typos not spelling mistakes! I just go so fast I can't help myself!
    And I DID apologise but there we go - take anything out of context and you can make them say what you want...

HRMMMPHH Ah well - life is too short and all that...or should I continue this...
    NAAHHHHHH! I'm off to Glastonbury so I don't give a fuck!!

PLEASE CONTINUE
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the Palestinians are proving that terrorism does reap rewards, and so their terrorist friends are not going to stop.

Just as the Israelis did before them...terrorism can work. Sadly.
    The string of car bombs during the Seville summit proved what? That they have some C5 and a few cars to spare?

C5 - isn't that the new Citroen?

I thought C4 was the explosive...or have the Czechs developed an upgrade, a bit like Bill Gates and Microsoft? If so, is C5 more likely to crash now, do you need to upgarde your detonators just to keep pace?
    The day there is a unified Europe, I shall pop open the champagne bottle, and groups like ETA hardly promote such a concept.

You think that a United Europe will stop nationalism? :eek: