Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Helpppppppppppppp Pls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys

sex last nite, jonny split on us, she got morning after today, sex tonight, jonny splat on us, (Not much luck i know :o) she taken the morning after at 7pm tonight, and she has to take the next one tomoz at 7am...will she get pregnant?

Pls reply asap, thanx

Mikey

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Buy a new brand of condom.

And it's unlikely she'll get pregnant, you made all the right moves.
    Really need confirmation or somethin :(

Forgot to say she started the pill on friday.

Help pls :(
    yeah the same thing happened 2 me last year she wont get pregnant. what brand was it??
    Forgot to say she started the pill on friday.

well i thought the pill wasnt effective for the first week? maybe im wrong?

i also thought you couldnt take the morning after pill with the pill, but then maybe im wrong again....?
    Durex ribbed, are you absolutely sure? because she doesnt really want to go to the clinic 3 times in 4 days :eek:
    sounds like you're girlfriend did the right thing. I really can't see her getting pregnant it would be very unlikely. me and my girlfriend had one split on us on friday night. that was a free condom from ted baker dont use them!, there crap, that sounds pretty bad for a durex, so one split yesterday and she took the emergency pill, then one split tonight so she took another emergency pill in theory it should work out. why dont you phone brook advisory clinic or something similar, just to ask there advice on the situation
    Originally posted by MikeyBoy
    Durex ribbed, are you absolutely sure? because she doesnt really want to go to the clinic 3 times in 4 days :eek:

no im not absolutely sure so dont worry too much. i wouldnt think shes gonna get pregnant anyway, not with the morning after pill and the pill. im no expert so i dont know, but i think it should be fine.
    I was in the exact situation last year and we did what you did and it worked out okay :)
    :) Don't be too worried, the pill is immediately effective from the first day you take it aslong as it's being taken properly!!

Goodluck xxx
    Thanx very much for the help guys, but some more might be needed, still a bit worried, going to phone family planning first thing tomorow.

Ive even been on over 40's chat rooms asking elders for help. :rolleyes:

It says on the packet you cant take the morning after more than once in a menstural cycle :confused:
    Originally posted by squirtycream
    :) Don't be too worried, the pill is immediately effective from the first day you take it aslong as it's being taken properly!!

Goodluck xxx

This is true but only if she took the first pill on the first day of her period. Any other day and I don't think it is effective making it possible to get pregnant in the first week of use.

This is only relevant to the pill. I didn't want loads of you thinking you could start the pill anytime and not get preggers.
    The pill is ideally taken on the first day of your period. You should wait seven days before you have unprotected sex. As she started taking the pill on friday the chances of her getting pregnant are very low anyway. To add to that she has already taken the first half of the "morning after pill" course. The problem arises when the morning after pill doesnt work the second time around within the same menstrual cycle although since you had sex within the twelve hour gap between each of the morning after pill course, i doubt that she will become pregnant. Dont worry!! ;)
    NB The morning after pill is not 100 percent effective.
    There is no knowing how effective it really is because it is imposible to do exact tests as it is impossible to know if a person who took the morning after pill was pregnant to start with (Or if they were likely to get pregnant) and therefore impossible to know if taking the morning after pill has worked.

I bang on about this because I know from personal experience that the morning after pill doesn't always work. You need to get a pregnancy test to absolutely confirm if someone is or isn't pregnant.

Thats all.
    With all that contraception floating round inside her, i think your safe for about ooh the next 10 years... :p
    It sounds as though you have both been really sensible and done all the right things at the right time. You've just been very unlucky!

Byny is right, post-coital pills do not always work, but the sooner they're taken, the better.
    More info here:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/contraception/emergency_contraception.html

You can also call Brook Advisory for a chat, but I suspect that all you need is some reassurance:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/helplines/#sex
    you cant use the morning after pill twice in a month because it means it wont work the second time. Also it can probably fuck up your menstral cycle for a while especially because her boby has only just started to get used to the pill
    when i went for the morning after pill a few months ago i also got told that you can only take it once in betweene ach period. the contraceptive pill, i got told is effective immediately if you begin taking it within the first 3 days of your period. if you take it at any other time you should also use another form of contraception for the next 7 days.
    it's pointless taking all our suggestions though because were not proffessionals. as others have said seek advice.
    if your worried about the clinic noticing you've been in 3 times within the last 4 days then why don't youtry your doctor. or you could try buying the morning after pill (not sure how much it is) and just ask the pharmasist.