Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Paying a cc bill with a disputed item

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My card number got stolen, had some charges, cancelled, had them wiped away yada yada... one company comes back and disputes my dispute so the charge is back on. I've disputed it once again but the bill is to come due in a few days.

If the charge is still on there when it does, should I pay the full statement and just use that exta money as a credit on the next bill or pay the balance minus the disputed charge.

I don't not pay in full and I'm terribly afraid that I'll incur interest charges if I don't pay it in full, including that charge.

Opinions? I know, I know...call the cc company, but I hate phones more than the smell of a colostomy bag so I was hoping for others opinions before I suck it up and call them :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would call them to get it cleared up, but meanwhile I would pay off Some value less than the full amount. If you pay the full amount it could be deamed as acceptance of the charge, so pay either the full minus the charge, or the full minus some token value. So long as you leave something to indicate your displeasure :)
    You make a very good point. Thank you! Havn't called them yet, made one phone call already today and that was enough :p
    making phone calls is easy, it's answering the phone that's a bit iffy.