Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

advice por favor

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i just want to start by letting everyone know i love this site and i read the post on here all the time.:heart:
but... i started to read because i cut. i pretty much just started. its mostly on my forearms and i hide it pretty well with long sleeves, but i never used to wear long sleeves before so my mom thinks im going on a new fashion thingy. i let her go on it.
my best friend knows but he gets really frustrated about it, so i feel bad for telling him. my other best friend cut himself a bunch of times once(just once), so i went to him and he tried to help but he doesnt understand why i still do it. (p.s. my all best friends are guys)
i would try to talk to a counselor of some sort but i really affraid doctors in any medical field, be it physical or mental. also my school guidance counselor is kind of a jerk.
plus soccer season and summer are right around the corner, how will i hide it then?
i dont no were to turn anymore...:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Hi Starshine:wave: ,

Firstly its great to hear that you enjoy using The Site and find it useful to read posts and post on here!!.

Im sorry to hear that you are having a low patch at the moment try taking a look at some of the information on Self Harm.
    You say that both of your best friends have not been very understanding of your situation lately, is there anyone else you could maybe chat too, a family member, another close friend or maybe enquire into some self help groups in your area ??. Try to stay positive and remember we are all here to help and advise.
    Keep posting and I hope things are looking up for you soon.

Let us know how you are getting on!
    B:wave:
  • Options
    hey!!!
    welcome to thesite!! :) it is great on here and there are always people who are there to support you. xx do you know why u started cutting? doctors are there to help you and it would be beneifical to see someone about it - i know it is difficult but you will be ok......i promise.......have you try distractions - like if you feel the need to cut that you spend 10 mins listenin to music and maybe it would go away for that day....or you can put read marks on your arms and legs, or grip ice in your hand - it hurts but does not do permanent damage!! :)
    always here to talk when you need it. :)
    xxx
  • Options
    thanks for responding..
    umm well i dont trust family members really because they are majority of my stress that leads to my cutting. all my other friends are like my family and im more afraid to disappoint them than anything and im not sure i want more people knowing when the people that do know reacted the way the did. i also tried calling that DONTCUT hotline but the guy i talked to made me feel dumb.
    i have tried the ice thing, i actually find it pretty interesting that it worked sometimes, but i always just went back to cutting. i did the red maker thing too, it was neat but didnt really work.
    i started because i had a break down from all the bad that was going on.
    im not a pro but im pretty good a figuring out exactly why i do things because i dont like answering questions with 'i dont know'.
    but its been a few days with out cutting and im feeling pretty good so who knows
    just hoping for the better
    (p.s i read all that self harm info! thanks;D)
  • Options
    Hi Starshine:wave: ,

Glad to hear that you are feeling better about things and that you have been a few days without cutting:), it is also very positive that you have taken time out to have a look at the self harm information on here too !! Nice one !:) Im sure if you chatted to some of your friends about your situation they would not be disappointed in you and would be only glad to lend a listening ear, you sound like you have some good friends who really care about you.

Always remember we are here too to help and support you !!

Keep posting.
    Take Care.
    B :)
  • Options
    Heyy, you and I are pretty similar with what our problems are. I don't like doctors at all because they slagged me off the time i finally got to go see them (long story) and friends are just not what you think they would be when you tell em. Thing i find sometimes works is just going out by myself with my music and going for a long walk so its just me and my own world. Sure, it might not always work, but it helps enough to stop me about 50% of the time. as for telling someone, only tell who you think is the best person for you. Someone who you can trust, and will be there for you when you need them most.
    x
  • Options
    Heyy:wave:

Yeah, bio haz is right, music is great - when i was down low i listened to tons of it, and now i play a lot, especially piano. I guess, even though it is sometimes hard to talk to people, friends can be more amazing that you might think, even the most unlikely ones. maybe theyre just unsure as to what to do?

And we're always here if u need someone:thumb:

xxx
  • Options
    bio haz wrote: »
    I don't like doctors at all because they slagged me off the time x
    doctors do that to me all the time too!
    my best friend had to trick and then drag me to go to the ER for a sport injury!
    thanks for all the support guys. i really appreciate it.
    it really made me feel better to openly talk about it with you guys.
    i think im going to try to tell my one friend cuz she came out of the closet to me so i think she will try to help better. weird logic but who knows?
  • Options
    heya,
    well done for not cutting for a few days - that is fantastic - i didnt cut last night but cut alot the night before - like the whole part of my lower right arm and although i did it i still find it difficult to cope with...glad that you feel a little bit better!! :)
    keep up and always here to talk if ya need me
    xx
  • Options
    Hey Starshine,
    This sounds like what Im going through. I dont like going to the doctors as I am afraid that they wont understand, or tell my parents. I have a mentor who is not a counsellor, but is someone that I have known for a long time who I can trust to tell her what Im going through. To cover your scars up you can get sweat bands, or just lots of braclets. You can also buy creams and oils that make your scars fade more, although i have never used this so dont know how well it works. For me music is a great help and I also write songs and have a diary, to express my emotions.
    My friends get frustrated as well but it's only because they love you and dont want to see you do this to yourself.
    x