Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Zoladex Injections

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hii :)

I was diagnosed with endometriosis about a week ago after a laparoscopy. they found 2 patches of early stage growth and lasered it away.
However my right ovary is attached to theovarian fossa (from what I can tell, a small depression it should sit in) and I've been told that the only way to unattach it is to have Zoladex injections to stop the female hormone.
After a bit of researching on the internet, it seems that they are normally used to treat early stage breast and prostate cancer. I've trid not to read too much as they dont seem to be very nice, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them and what they actually do?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never used it(fairly sure I'd have the wrong internals...), but a quick Google for "Zoladex" and "endometriosis" in the same search brings up a good amount of information on the subject. It's used to decrease oestrogen production, as this can help stop the growth of endometrium lining ourside of the womb - I'm guessing, and it really is just a guess - that they hope the reduction in growth would give the ovary a chance to detatch from the fossa, and return to its natural position...

The list of side-effects is fairly large... but it doesn't mean you'll end up with them all. I've taken medications in the past where I've suffered from... maybe 60-70% of the listed symptoms. Others have been 0%. Most of the time they tend to be nearer the bottom end of the scale... but I can't comment on this one in particular.

:)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i googled it as soon as I was awake enough to, and it was the side effects that scared me! there seems to b a HUGE list of them, and none of them are little..
    I thimk the only thing to do is to talk it through with my consultant really.
    thankyou for your help :)
    x