Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just a quick question about the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, i was ment to get my new pack from family planning about 2 weeks ago, but because if we get a couple of inches of snow in england everything seems to fall apart they had to cancel my appointment. I havnt got it, but i plan to get it in a week or 2 when i know how my college time table is planning out.

Can my body handle taking a rest from the pill for a couple of weeks, then suddenly going back into the routein of it?

Comments

• Options
    I have this problem as well: I need to go to the clinic within the next 2 weeks to get some new pills, or else I'll have to go to a different clinic in cambridge when I go back to uni.

Im pretty sure you can take a week off and go back on it with no problems, apart from of course, you will have to use extra protection for a week or so when you start again as you wont be protected then.
  • Options
    Thinking about what I just said, I'm assuming you're going to finish a whole pack before you have a break.... i was just thinking (as i'm in the same boat) will it mess up the cycle or not but i dont think soo.... might take your periods a couple of months to get back to normal.. i'm confusing myself here!
  • Options
    Your body will be fine with it :)

You WON'T be protected for probably a week or two, so err on the side of caution if you rely on it for contraception, and you might have a little bit of erratic bleeding or other minor symptoms, but it should settle down quickly!
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Your body will be fine with it :)

You WON'T be protected for probably a week or two, so err on the side of caution if you rely on it for contraception, and you might have a little bit of erratic bleeding or other minor symptoms, but it should settle down quickly!

Thats what I said :p
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Thats what I said :p

I was reiterating your correctness ;)
  • Options
    I've already finish my pack of 3 months, and i was suppose to take my next pack about a week ago....thanks for the replies guys :) and no need to worry about the extra protection bit, got that sorted :)