Home Travel & Free Time
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

year abroad in Canada!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru

I'm thinking of going to Canada for a year, on a student work visa thing, and was just wondering if anyone had any advice about organisation of such a trip, either specific to Canada or not.

For example, what happens with banks? do i stay just with my english one? or would i need to set up a canadian one once there to transfer my english money too whilst i'm there?
and how would I get an SS number? (like the national insurance number here as far as I gather, needed for work)

I'm sorted with stuff like a letter proving I was a student in the last 12 months proir to entering though.

Sign In or Register to comment.