Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

fav rock/metal bands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i personally love korn, slipknot, metallica, iron maiden, black sabbath, hawkwind etc. etc. :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmm, is this where we get into the definition of rock?
    Creed, Rammstein, P.O.D, Rage Against the Machine, Bon Jovi etc. :D

Edited 'cause I forgot System of a Down :eek:
    nope. can't b arsed to debate anything. too much pain! :( broken arm ya see cos me brother kicked it :mad:
    Mine are blink 182, linkin park, limp bizkit, jimmy eat world, the offspring, alkaline trio. There are loads more, but if I were to name them all, I'd go way over the 10,000 character limit, lol.
    well, some of my favourite rock bands are Bon Jovi, Queen, The Animals and the Eagles. And Creed. And Matchbox 20. And there are probably a few more, but I can't think of any, its late, I'm tired! :)
    I'm just killing time at the mo so I'll list a few of my fave bands:

RAMMSTEIN, Fear Factory (RIP Fear Factory), Metallica, Slipknot, American Head Charge, Nuno Bettencourt, RAMMSTEIN, Andrew WK, Linkin Park, Ozzy, Slayer, RAMMSTEIN, Lost Prophets, System of a Down, Adema, Soil, Nickelback, Tool, Black Sabbath, Queen, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, RAMMSTEIN, Red Hot Chili Peppers, KoRn, Queens Of The Stone Age, Ugly Kid Joe, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Greenday, RAMMSTEIN, Incubus, Vex Red, Halo, Iron Maiden, Drowning Pool, MushroomHead, Nirvana, Spineshank, Mad Capsule Markets, Silverchair, Papa Roach, RAMMSTEIN, Travis, Marilyn Manson, Alien Ant Farm, Wheatus (don't laugh), Oasis, RAMMSTEIN, Del Amitri, Extreme, Thunder, Def Leppard, Coldplay, Hundred Reasons, Guns n' Roses, Ash, The Offspring, RAMMSTEIN, A, Blink 182, Killswitch Engage, Limp Bizkit, JJ72, Amen, RAMMSTEIN, Feeder, Opeth, Coal Chamber, Static-X and errrr RAMMSTEIN...to name but a few.

Incase you haven't guessed I absolutely love Rammstein! If I wa sa woman or gay i'd have Till's babies I like em that much. Well maybe not that much but they are pretty kewl.
    i love korn, slipknot, S.O.A.D, Kittie, New Found Glory, Puddle Of Mudd, Adema, Nickleback, Blink 182, Hundred Reasons, Linkin Park,Lost Prophets, Ill Nino, Hoobastank, Greenday, Creed, P.O.D, Stain'd, Spineshank, Metallica, Ozzy, American Head Charge, The Offspring, Finch, Sponge, A, Soil, Drowning Pool, Silver Chair, Marilyn Manson, Papa Roach, Hundered Reasons, Kittie, Sugarcomba, Coal Chamber, Static-X and a few of Eminems Songs. All stuff like that. I absoloutely love New Found Glory. Their song Eyesore is amazing. :) It makes me cry.
    Originally posted by Broken Heart
    I'm just killing time at the mo so I'll list a few of my fave bands:

RAMMSTEIN, Fear Factory (RIP Fear Factory), Metallica, Slipknot, American Head Charge, Nuno Bettencourt, RAMMSTEIN, Andrew WK, Linkin Park, Ozzy, Slayer, RAMMSTEIN, Lost Prophets, System of a Down, Adema, Soil, Nickelback, Tool, Black Sabbath, Queen, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, RAMMSTEIN, Red Hot Chili Peppers, KoRn, Queens Of The Stone Age, Ugly Kid Joe, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Greenday, RAMMSTEIN, etc..
    Incase you haven't guessed I absolutely love Rammstein! If I wa sa woman or gay i'd have Till's babies I like em that much. Well maybe not that much but they are pretty kewl.

erm, yeah, lol, we havea lot of the same fav bands :D
    Dear me people (How many replies to I start with these words? Answers on a postcard). Most of these tired modern acts are all derivative.The definitive metal came from Led Zeppelin and most importantly, from a little known Birmingham 4some called Black Sabbath who released the most important metal album ever.
    There are also:
    Metallica
    Slayer
    Iron Maiden
    AC/DC Although I don't like them much
    Motorhead
    Pantera

Good new metal comes from Rage, Mudvayne and Rammstein

Does anyone else think that Blink 182, those masters of shite, would give all their seperate limbs just to be Greenday??
    We should start a "I hate Limp Bizkit" Thread.

DU HAST MICH!
    Originally posted by Tek-ila
    i love korn, slipknot, S.O.A.D, Kittie, New Found Glory, Puddle Of Mudd, Adema, Nickleback, Blink 182, Hundred Reasons, Linkin Park,Lost Prophets, Ill Nino, Hoobastank, Greenday, Creed, P.O.D, Stain'd, Spineshank, Metallica, Ozzy, American Head Charge, The Offspring, Finch, Sponge, A, Soil, Drowning Pool, Silver Chair, Marilyn Manson, Papa Roach, Hundered Reasons, Kittie, Sugarcomba, Coal Chamber, Static-X and a few of Eminems Songs. All stuff like that. I absoloutely love New Found Glory. Their song Eyesore is amazing. :) It makes me cry.

Im not goin to bother to write them all because Tek-ila has already mentioned them all. Thanks, saved me alot of time!:D
    Okay, my faves would be:
    Guns 'N' Roses, Metallica, Slipknot, Disturbed, KoRn, Greenday, Anthrax, Thin Lizzy, Ozzy Osbourne, and Black Sabbath, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park are okay.
    Originally posted by jwf26

Does anyone else think that Blink 182, those masters of shite, would give all their seperate limbs just to be Greenday??

Weird, I own all albums by both bands (even the dodgy Cheshire Cat) and I can honestly say they sound nothing alike.
    Sponge

Do you mean [Spunge] by any chance? :rolleyes:
    I absoloutely love New Found Glory.

Me too.
    It's nice to see that the offspring are getting a good mention here. :D

Ok here goes, my fave bands are;

the offspring, puddle of mudd, nickleback, nofx, hoobastank, greenday, NFG, alkaline trio, foo fighters, system of a down, sum 41, A, weezer and ozzy to name but a few.

the offspring kick arse!! :D
    Wildhearts, Silver Ginger 5, Yo-Yo's, Chasers, Jack Off Jill , Strapping Young Lad, Lacuna Coil, Tiamat, Emperor, Entombed, Needle Park, Fluffy, Dwarves, Superuckers, Bubble, Hellacopters (early stuff), Rachel Stamp, Fluffy, Betty Blowtorch, Inkubus Sukkubus, Backyard Babies (Total 13), Manteray K-D, Unida, Nebula, B Movie Heroes, Blondes, Space Age Playboys, Nomads, No Direction, Rocket From The Crypt, Trash Brats, Psychotica, Motorhead, AC/DC, Roky Erickson, the Stooges...
    Just to name the ones others seem to have overlooked, or generally underrated...

NIN -> 4 VERY different albums, and many good EP's

Incubus -> soulful songs + singing about crap is very much like...

Faith No More -> Listen to "the real thing". Tell me it shouldn't be about more then drinking coke.

<b>SENSER</b> (just ignore the second album)

dream theater (don't actually like them, but they're SO GOOD, and by god do they know it),

Janes addiction -> Would have been bigger than nirvana if the selfish bastard hadn't of toped himself

RHCP (cos BloodSugarSexMagic was generation defining),

Marylin Manson -> sorry, but the first album was what i needed when aged 16

Pink Floyd -> Watch 'the wall'. then you'll understand.

Linkin Park -> It takes guts to release a metal album now without a parental advisery... or any swearing at all. Its almost as if they're trying to sell themselves on the music.

Blubbe -> Very odd band. not really rock, but better in the same genre as the bloodhound gang.

Progidy -> They were on the cover of kerrang, they got to be metal... (speaking as some-one who still owns that issue)

I guess 'The Cure' and 'depeche mode' don't count as rock...? Yeah i do know the answer to that, but wanted to get they're names in anyway :)

BTW : Any-one saying depeche mode sucks watch's way too much Beavis and Butthead.
    i love New Found Glory

And me :). New Found Glory, Fenix TX mostly at the mo.

(Thanks to Tek-ila for introducing me to finch :D)
    Rock - Punk - Metal etc?

Greenday - IM GONNA SEE ON THURSDAY!!!! Along with - Less Than Jake, A, Rival Schools, Hooberstank :D
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Puddle of Mudd
    Nirvana
    Drowning Pool
    Papa Roach
    Marilyn Manson
    Metallica
    Spine shank
    Old Blink and Offspring

They are my most favourites but i do like occasional songs etc from Korn S.O.A.D - specially old stuff alkaline trio NoFX Silver Chair Coal Chamber Slayer Pantera etc etc

as long as a songs good and not westlife or slipknot both = as talentless
    :D