Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

----) assult or gbh? (-------

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
recently i wass assulted buy a glass bottle being hit over my head 20 times atleast untill the person was draged off me but i had a phone call last night and the police officer said chould u come in tomoz but you with be arrested for assult and something else

what happend is i was walking down the road looking at my phone then i remember being hit by something and falling to the floor then the person got on top of me and continuasly was hitting me over the head with a glass bottle shouting im going to ''fucking kill you'' then some one pulled him off and he walked home

i later had to go to hospital and have 5 stitches into my head

what whould happen to him and will he get off it

im 17 and hes 17-18

and also what is going to happen in the future

Comments

• Options
    I find it unusual that if you were getting assaulted that badly, which could be construed as attempted manslaughter, that they would threaten to arrest you? I doubt you would have been in any fit state to even defend yourself.

As long as you are been totally honest with what has happened, I doubt you have anything to worry about, but get a solicitor and talk to the police.
  • Options
    What country do you live in? I'm no lawyer I just study it at A level so this advice propably isn't that good.

But if what I've been taught is correct then in England it would be GBH. However many people use the word Assault to desribe other offences such as Battery and ABH so be aware of that.
  • Options
    If you go in and they arrest you for assault, they may well also drug test you too, just so you know.