Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Year's Resolutions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone bother with these? Anyone making any this year?

I typically think about the things I would like to achieve over the following year and come up with a list of the usual suspects: lose weight, get fit, read more, watch less tv, write more letters, etc. They generally last about three days.

This year however, I have decided to make one and only one resolution: No More Drama.

I've had a shit couple of years with loads of emotional turmoil and upset, and it's been almost entirely self-inflicted, because I gave one person far too much control over my happiness and wellbeing, and lurched back and forth between elation and misery depending entirely on his whims, and whether he wanted me or not. That one person, and my insane and self-sabotaging behaviour toward him, cast a shadow over the whole of 2008 and 2009. So here's to 2010 being the year I finally kick him out of my life for good, and am happy and stable. No More Drama! Hooray!

What are your resolutions going to be?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've got a pair of jeans that I am going to fit in by summer- so I guess to lose weight XD
    Xx
    Mine is going to be 'explore the world and get out of my comfort zone' and anything that comes after that is a bonus! I try to make my goals open-ended and flexible so i can't be dissapointed in myself when things don't go 'as they should have' I need to remember my CBT and be less negative :)
    Though tbf I've come a long way already and it seems like things are going to be ok, I may as well put it down if we have to put anything down:

get over her, and get the toxic influence she has over my life gone once and for all. After that, things should be plain sailing. :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »

get over her, and get the toxic influence she has over my life gone once and for all. After that, things should be plain sailing. :)
    :yippe:

Here's to both of us managing it! By this time next year, we won't feel anything when we think of them. Hooray!
    jamelia wrote: »
    :yippe:

Here's to both of us managing it! By this time next year, we won't feel anything when we think of them. Hooray!

*high fives* :yippe:
    I don't tend to bother with them. I have aims that I hope to achieve this year, but I wouldn't call them New Year's Resolutions.

Good luck for those that do have them though :)
    My sister is getting married next Christmas, my goal for then is to lose at least two stone, if not three.

Also to try (and probably fail, again) to stop sucking my thumb.

And er, to stop leaving work until the last minute.
    for once, i don't have any new year's resolutions. i just wanna carry on what i'm doing really...wanna carry on doing well career wise, wanna carry on making my home look pretty, wanna carry on losing weight, wanna carry on improving my driving and parking (haha!), wanna carry on saving up lots of money so i can buy a kitchen and bathroom...

like i say, i just wanna carry on doing what i'm already doing really :)
    Franki wrote: »
    My sister is getting married next Christmas, my goal for then is to lose at least two stone, if not three.

Also to try (and probably fail, again) to stop sucking my thumb.

And er, to stop leaving work until the last minute.

My friend used to suck her thumb all the time as she was growing up and till she was about 23, and it affected the way that her jaw grew. She had to have an operation last year to correct it all and to stop sucking it !! :)
    to take some chances instead of sitting round and waiting for everything to just happen
    I've never really had any new years resolutions before but I think I'll make a couple this year.

Be more organised with school work (lol)
    lose a couple stone
    go to more parties (which throws the first on out he window lol)
    Lose at least 15 more kgs.
    Move out.
    Get that guy.
    Be better with my money.
    Get a payrise.
    I don't really bother with them, they don't seem to go too well which is why I don't bother.
    squeal wrote: »
    My friend used to suck her thumb all the time as she was growing up and till she was about 23, and it affected the way that her jaw grew. She had to have an operation last year to correct it all and to stop sucking it !! :)
    My jaw is screwed, but I need to stop the thumb sucking before I can think about getting it sorted. I have got much better than I used to be but still when I'm bored? In goes the thumb. Sigh :(
    I don't like peanuts but heard a great quote which sums up my new years resolution for work:

Peppermint Patty: Have you made any New Years
    resolutions, Chuck?
    Charlie Brown: Yes. You know how I always dread the whole year? Now
    Im only going to dread one day at a time.

I also intend to cook more... or just cook at all to help my boyfriend lose weight as he eats out for every meal. Not so much new years resolutions though as I think they are lame, more just it happened to fall in place right now as I got a food chopper and cook books for christmas and I can't start yet as the kitchen floor is being redone but should be done by tomorrow.
    Yeah, I tend to have lifetime ambitions rather than NY resolutions. The first one (more realistic) is to meet another synaesthete. If you are one, then simply message me :-) My other lifetime ambition is to visit Hawaii.
    Ambitions changed as of today (stupid men).

Still loosing that 15kgs by June.
    Save money better.
    Get a brit passport.
    And finally - be HAPPY with myself. Stop relying on the opposite sex to dictate my happiness.
    I DEMAND YOU BE HAPPY MWAHAHAHAHA

me, feck all tbh :p I am happy with my life,
    I dont make them, im just gonna carry on with what I do. I have alot of aims that i want to achieve, like get into uni, get high grades. But im quite content with alot of stuff, nothing really sticks out in my life that i feel the need to change really :) Lovely boyfriend, amazing friends and family, and high hopes for the furture. Im very excited to embark on this new year.
    mines are nothing particularly earth shattering or difficult: keep going to the gym, actually apply myself at uni, just a continuation of what i did last semester really
    have a relaxed conversation in french, get my grammar right.
    I don't *do* new years resolutions.... seem to have become about giving up something for a few weeks in January and then stopping... :rolleyes:

Its a good time to reflect on things and hopefully people will think of taking up something that makes them happy and in doing so, bring about positive change into their lives.... rather than just "giving up" something which seems quite negative to me.

I'm just hoping for a happy and healthy 2010 for my friends, family and me :)
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    to lose the 2 and a half stone I put on this year and not to get drunk ever again. Too many nights and too much money has been wasted, drinking myself stupid with no real reason.

And by god, I will get the girl this year.
    Surely you mean weight you lost last year? Otherwise in a day and a half, you have surely had to have eaten a horse?
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    oh you know what I meant ;[
    Wasnt gonna make one but I've suddenly thought of it!

To keep up to date and go to as many rock n roll/rockabilly gigs as I can, get involved in the scene and meet as many rockers, greasers, rockabillies, teds as I can! :D
    Make a vague effort to work harder, and get stuff in on time, be tidier, not put on more weight, blah blah blah
    to drink 50 wines.
    to be able to do pull ups again