Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My family are crazy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
and it's driving me crazy.

I've had a stressful term so I planned on coming home and crashing out for a few weeks but it's impossible to relax in an enviroment that isn't remotely relaxing.

*rant starts*

My *dad* is an abusive drunk, my step mum is a weak, self absorbed, ignorant, bitch who relys on me when she needs it and then pisses on me when she's done, my 7 year old sister acts like a brat (I know it's not her fault and I love her) and screams and anything and everything, she's ADHD and very aggressive (all learnt from my dad of course), my baby brother copies my sister and clings to his mum.

My mum is a depressive self harmer who is negative and irrational about everything. I've just had an argument with her and I can hardly understand what any of her points where, I don't think she could either.

Now I wouldn't mind all of this if there was someone sane to cling onto but everyone in my family it seems, has a lot of issues and no clue or intent to deal with them. Nobody is actually bothered about me and I spend far too much time and energy caring about them (I'm not talking about the kids here). I've spent a long time recovering from all sorts of mental health crap and they make no effort to sort out themselves. It's triggering being around them and now my sleep and eating are both messed up and my eczema is really bad because I'm so stressed.

I need to get out of here. Happy Christmas?

*rant over*

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps you should get them sectioned.
  • Options
    Perhaps I should. But then I'd just have to visit them in hospital which would be worse, at least I'd have the house to myself...
  • Options
    Or, get yourself sectioned. Free bed & board and you don't have to see anyone you don't want to.

Seriously though, you should just concentrate on your studies/work and save up to escape.