Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ground veal substitute

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a recipe book for christmas (4 ingrediants or less, even I can cook now!) I want to make this stuffed chicken and one of the ingrediants for stuffing is ground veal, what could I use instead? Meat is fine, I just don't want to use veal... I've never had it and if I think it is gross, I don't want to ruin a meal!

Comments

• Options
    Pork fillet
  • Options
    Thank you kindly Chef RS :D
  • Options
    I could do with a book like that :)
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Four-Ingredient-Recipes-Joanna-Farrow/dp/1843097869/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262134403&sr=8-1 It is published in the UK so it gives instructions in metric units. The book with the stuffed chicken is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-4-Ingredients-Just/dp/1405487771/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_2 but I don't know if there is/that is the metric version.
  • Options
    I hope you're not confusing white veal with veal.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    If you drink milk you should really have no problems with veal. It's a by product of dairy farming.

White veal is a little different. Calves are fed a particualr diet and kept in pretty shitty conditions (veal crates) to supposedly give their meat a 'special' quality.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I hope you're not confusing white veal with veal.

What is the difference? The only thing I am finding online for either is calf, but the white veal sounds extra cruel... the recipe just says veal... put in a pan and cook... stirring frequently... I've never stirred meat before, now I'm all confused :p

*waits for broken angel to call me a murderer :p*
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    What is the difference? The only thing I am finding online for either is calf, but the white veal sounds extra cruel...

if you drink milk you may aswell eat ordinary veal. it is a by product of dairy farming.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Oh ok, I get it now readers are leaders 1772.gif Thanks :D

But I just wanted a substitute because I don't know how it will taste and I really don't like many meats, especially red meat so I'd rather go with something safe :p
  • Options
    my name wrote: »
    But I just wanted a substitute because I don't know how it will taste

Like beef but with a more delicate taste and texture.

It's :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I can call you a murderer if B-A isn't here to do it..?!

:)