Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

adult braces

...does anyone know how much they are?

someone has just told me i have "shit teeth" so now i'm all upset and want them sorted.

i had braces when i was a teenager for years. my top teeth are ok but my bottom teeth have gone all horrible since my wisdom teeth have come through and everything has been pushed forward. two of my front teeth have been pushed back from the rest because there isn't enough room for them anymore.

i'm 23 so i don't think i can get it on the nhs anymore.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have exactly the same problem as you - been considering getting my wisdom teeth out to try and sort out the bottom teeth but it costs a fortune and ow ow ow :(

Not sure how much braces would cost, could you just ask at your dentists? Don't let one person's insensitive comment get you down though, sounds like someone whose opinion shouldn't count for much anyway if they go round saying stuff like that to people.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    I have exactly the same problem as you - been considering getting my wisdom teeth out to try and sort out the bottom teeth but it costs a fortune and ow ow ow :(

Not sure how much braces would cost, could you just ask at your dentists? Don't let one person's insensitive comment get you down though, sounds like someone whose opinion shouldn't count for much anyway if they go round saying stuff like that to people.

I had braces when i was 18, and also wore the retainer afterwards, but my bottom teeth have reverted back to how they were (kinda overlapping) - the orthadentist said that it would happen. The top ones are ok though!
    I would go to your dentist and get him to look at what work you need doing and go from there if it's something that's really bothering you. x
  • Options
    you can go to China. theyll give you clear braces. very cheap. last you long time.
  • Options
    Surely going to China to get them would cost too much hehe.
    I don't like my teeth either and I'd like to get some Invisalign ones, they are clear and supposed to be invisable but I believe they are more expensive than normal ones. The website is http://www.invisalign.co.uk/en/Pages/Home.aspx
  • Options
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    someone has just told me i have "shit teeth" so now i'm all upset and want them sorted.

I agree with SG - How rude :(

Often when people make statements like that it's because they're all too aware of their own physical shortcomings.