Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Was 2009 good or bad for you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well........the year is almost out!

People get many life events and twists in their lives over a 12 month period. Things happen workwise, in the family and social lives may take a twist

Summing up, it's possible to say 2009 was a good year or perhaps something like divorce or redundacy ruined it

Comments

• Options
    In the workplace I feel very settled after changing jobs not long ago. Got used to using the canteen and made new friends. A good year here

Family going- no weddings, funerals or births- so uneventful !!!

Social life- two friends ditched me. Joined some for an exciting night boat trip down the Thames. And one of my best friends got promotion at work- party lined up :)

I would say for me 2009 was good
  • Options
    I often think that many people do nothing but whinge at new years, saying last year was crap, bring in the new year. If people were not such pessemists then they would probly have a good time.

I overall have changed what I do for a living, doing something that I really enjoy, and wouldnt change anything for the world. Its hard to pin a year down to being full of good events, but more so the end result and the overall vibe of the year.
  • Options
    It's ending on a surprisingly good note for me. I'm finally living with the woman I love and I generally couldn't be much happier.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    I often think that many people do nothing but whinge at new years, saying last year was crap, bring in the new year. If people were not such pessemists then they would probly have a good time
    It's a natural instinct to say next year will be better implying last year wasn't good. The very act of New Year's resolutions suggest the push to move forward as if next year will be good and better
    I overall have changed what I do for a living, doing something that I really enjoy, and wouldnt change anything for the world. Its hard to pin a year down to being full of good events, but more so the end result and the overall vibe of the year.
    If people cast their mind back 12 months and see positive events its good. Anyone got made redundant, failed to pay bills and are still frantically job hunting- that makes 2009 an obvious bad year
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    It's ending on a surprisingly good note for me. I'm finally living with the woman I love and I generally couldn't be much happier.
    Good wishes to you both for 2010 :)
  • Options
    I know being made redundant can be a pretty big thing. I do find it hard to fathom how what might have been a mega year up to a certain point, can be overwhelmed by one event.

Yeah it changes everything, but surely the good things that happened in a year, are still good things.
  • Options
    I know being made redundant can be a pretty big thing. I do find it hard to fathom how what might have been a mega year up to a certain point, can be overwhelmed by one event.

Yeah it changes everything, but surely the good things that happened in a year, are still good things.
    Good things make bad events more bearable
  • Options
    Rubbish, superb, everywhere in-between. It's just another chapter that makes us who we are. :)
  • Options
    it's been like a yo-yo for me, been very good in somways but horrible in others, not the best year, but not the worst :)
  • Options
    2009 has been a good year for me. i managed to get myself out of ALOT of debt and finally learnt how to budget ;) i also bought my first home with my boyfriend and started my police career as a pcso. i also bought my first car and started driving on the roads! haha.

family wise, things have been absolutely dreadful but tbh, the good things of 2009 totally shadow the bad things :)
  • Options
    it's been like a yo-yo for me, been very good in somways but horrible in others, not the best year, but not the worst :)
    Hope 2010 will be one of your best years
  • Options
    2009 has been a good year for me. i managed to get myself out of ALOT of debt and finally learnt how to budget ;) i also bought my first home with my boyfriend and started my police career as a pcso.........
    by the end of next year you'll be rich £££££££££££
  • Options
    First half was crap, second has been alright. 2010 will be good though
  • Options
    I'm sure if I looked back over the years and plotted a graph, I'd see a fairly stead downward spiral of some sort, but I prefer to live in comparatively blissful ignorance. :cool:
  • Options
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    by the end of next year you'll be rich £££££££££££

ha, i very much doubt that unless i win the lottery or something!
  • Options
    Pretty horrible, if I'm honest.

Next year will be better :yes:.
  • Options
    ha, i very much doubt that unless i win the lottery or something!
    hope you do
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Pretty horrible, if I'm honest.

Next year will be better :yes:.
    good to meet an optimist
    Lots of sex drugs, arguements lies and heartbreak :)
    Good year (Y)
    Tell you like drama in life- makes your day
  • Options
    It was a but mixed:
    Managed to get into uni and have lost quite a lot of my vision. Some twit did tell me I am safe yto drive - yeah, I'm sure people would want someone out there driving who can't read more than the third line on the eye chart, with glasses. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Fairly average at first. Ended on a high.

Bring on 2010 :thumb:
  • Options
    it was better than 2008, but it was just a normal year. It had its ups and downs
  • Options
    Started off alright, got bad, then really bad, then BAD then kinda good and now its just kinda alright, better than it was but still not 'good' exactly.

2010 will either be good or alright though, unless something overwhelmingly bad happens!
  • Options
    I've had better and I've had worse. So pretty average really.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It was a but mixed:
    Managed to get into uni and have lost quite a lot of my vision. Some twit did tell me I am safe yto drive - yeah, I'm sure people would want someone out there driving who can't read more than the third line on the eye chart, with glasses. :rolleyes:

DVLA say if you can read a number plate from so far away dont they?
  • Options
    Pretty normal year as far as i can remember. Nothing particulary special happened.
  • Options
    DVLA say if you can read a number plate from so far away dont they?

Yeah. On the eye chart the equivalant is the middle of the fifth line.
  • Options
    I had bad 1st part of the year (broke up w/my bf) a good middle part (was in a job with people i <3'd) and an end part (been ill since Aug on and off with various things like anxiety/sciatica/viruses)

so... I'm off to NZ this Jan, and i'm praying for a fantastic 2010! :D
  • Options
    2009 has been the worse year of my life, roll on 2010!
  • Options
    Both
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It was a but mixed:
    Take care........