Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Solutions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I really want to let this go now and my feelings are getting too much all the time i am so sick of all the up and down bollocks i no theres no reason for it all and i feel so stupid. all the time i feel so stupid when i look back at my behaviour but then the next time i do exactly the same thing... i cant stop this cycle its killing me. the only thing i no how to deal with it is to go with it and that just makes things get so out of proportion help please !!

Comments

• Options
    hey blue,
    what's the behavour you don't like doing? - i guess this'd make replies more relevant and useful to you
  • Options
    greenday88 wrote: »
    hey blue,
    what's the behavour you don't like doing? - i guess this'd make replies more relevant and useful to you

True lol
    i get pretty intensely depressed for no reason at all even suicidal at times and it really scares me :(
  • Options
    Hi blue,

It might help if you could let us know again what you'd already tried, or any help you're currently getting - that way people can suggest further things without going over stuff you might feel you've already been through?
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Hi blue,

It might help if you could let us know again what you'd already tried, or any help you're currently getting - that way people can suggest further things without going over stuff you might feel you've already been through?

i have spoken to councillors (briefly), but i am quite well educated in phsycology due to my dads proffession so i end up convincing them to tell me what i want to hear. and even been prescribed medication for depression. however this wasnt your usual doctor and i soon stopped taking it.
    i honestly think i might be schizophrenic as my grandad and my mum were i change in minutes from happy to incredibly sad to angry and back to nuetral for literally no reason its so strange.
    i coped with it for years now but i feel its getting progressively wosre and ive never really had anything to lose before and im so scared of being sectioned aaahhh help!
  • Options
    Well one thing I've always seen from people dealing with mental health problems is that the sooner people can speak with their doctor, openly and honestly, the sooner they can find help from services that can help.

If you've found yourself avoiding issues with counsellors, or just using talking treatments to tell you what you want to hear then maybe your GP would be the best place to start?

I know people who find themselves forgetting what they want to say at the doctor sometimes find it helpful to write down their concerns in advance. Perhaps something similar could help? Not because you might forget but as a way to not back out of what you want to talk about?

With an organic problem (so something like schizophrenia rather than a depression due to a change in your circumstances) medication can really be a useful way to cope.

I'm sure discussing how you feel and finding something like that could be a really useful step to dealing with what you're going through, without anything like sectioning ever being considered.
  • Options
    Well one thing I've always seen from people dealing with mental health problems is that the sooner people can speak with their doctor, openly and honestly, the sooner they can find help from services that can help.

If you've found yourself avoiding issues with counsellors, or just using talking treatments to tell you what you want to hear then maybe your GP would be the best place to start?

I know people who find themselves forgetting what they want to say at the doctor sometimes find it helpful to write down their concerns in advance. Perhaps something similar could help? Not because you might forget but as a way to not back out of what you want to talk about?

With an organic problem (so something like schizophrenia rather than a depression due to a change in your circumstances) medication can really be a useful way to cope.

I'm sure discussing how you feel and finding something like that could be a really useful step to dealing with what you're going through, without anything like sectioning ever being considered.

it makes alot of sense and is probably the only solution. i have been avoiding this but i just need to make sure nothing horrible will happen to me my girlfriend is pregnant i just found out today hence the breakdown lol. although i am amazed and so happy to be a dad i fear for the person i love now and although i am certain i will be a gd father i will never put a child at risk due to mental health as i was
    thanks for your help apologies for earlier i was really losing it :):blush:
  • Options
    Oh don't worry about that - I'm just glad to suggest some ways you might be able to get some support - and congratulations :)
  • Options
    Oh don't worry about that - I'm just glad to suggest some ways you might be able to get some support - and congratulations :)

thanx and thanx for the congrats :thumb: