Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Zippos!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, I just got a new zippo the other day, and while I was reading the thread about what you all have in your pockets I saw a few zippos! ;) So, is your zippo unique? Or is it just a classic chrome? Mine was a gift from a friend who just returned from Istanbul. It has a laquer design on it of a lotus. A friend of mine has one with a Virgo symbol on it (her zodiac sign). Does yours have a story or a meaning?

Hmm.. I tried to attach a pic of mine but it was too big. Ah well. No big loss.

P.S. I don't smoke, but I'm a pyromaniac. :D That, and I play with all lighters that I can get my hands on. My friends are tired of singing their eyebrows. ;)

Comments

• Options
    I got one that my dad bought back from the gulf...its got the operation name and the dates etc...its pretty classy :)
  • Options
    OOH! Playing tricks with those, can clear your schedule for the day...
    Still the ones I know, are not that impressive.
  • Options
    Just the normal classic chrome for me, I lost my engraved bronze "Marlboro" one while giving a tramp a light when I was very drunk in town one night. :( Nothing beats the sound of the lid flipping over or the smell of the fluid just before it lights......
  • Options
    I don't have one, but I have bought one for someone as a present. They are a very cool accessory.

Another friend of mine has a photograph of his girlfriend etched inot his, I haven't decided whether it's cool or just downright tacky yet... :D
  • Options
    I'd like to get another one too with celtic knots engraved on it. When I have some money. ;) I've wanted a zippo for a long time. My brother used to have one that was massive--about an inch by four inches, I think. He used to pour an entire 125 mLs of fluid into it! :eek:

Granted, he never used that zippo to light his cigarettes. Wise choice. :D
  • Options
    Re: Zippos!
    Originally posted by Scarlett
    P.S. I don't smoke, but I'm a pyromaniac. :D That, and I play with all lighters that I can get my hands on. My friends are tired of singing their eyebrows. ;)

Lol don't get me started :p

*pyromaniac with experience*
  • Options
    Re: Re: Zippos!
    Originally posted by Alistair
    Lol don't get me started :p

*pyromaniac with experience*

Arson, then? :D
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Zippos!
    Originally posted by Scarlett

Arson, then? :D

Nope, I don't damage peoples property - that's for tossers.
  • Options
    I had a budweiser zippo before, but I lost it! :( :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ah zippos... I have one with my twin brother's name on it. Well, it's really his but it's mine now obviously, because I stole it.

People who fidget around with my lighters piss me off! Like when they take the metal part off, fiddle about with it, and then my lighter is turned into a blow-torch. HOW many times have i had my eyebrows nearly singed off.... grr.

Fidgeting is over-rated. I used to always take the labels off bottles, until my friends told me that it's a sign of sexual frustration. (Yeah my ass it is).