Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Operation Flashpoint 2 PC

If anyone has OP Flashpoint for the PC, I'm online. My user name is Whowhere!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    is it any good
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    is it any good

I am considering getting this. number 1 was brilliant just for the map/mission editor, I remember my version of Apocalypse now being a door gunner on a M60 or a Minigun flying at 30feet with Ride of the Valkeries playing and gunning the fuck out of the ruskies (there was no Vietmanese on number1)
    I konw, been a fan of the series for years, but all the similar games that came after have been shite.
    I like it. Multiplayer is a bit buggy if you get a laggy server, but aside from that I'm enjoying it. Graphics are fantastic, when you're prone in the grass it really feels like you're prone in the grass, not like other games where people can still see you. It's freaking hard though, even the campaign is difficult. Getting shot in the leg and trying to run, after your medic is dead isn't fun lol.
    Nice change from COD really :) and worth a try anyway.

It's a slower pace compared to COD which I like, you've got chance to think strategically/tactically e.t.c.
    I did like that about the original OFP, it is more realistic, 1hit you can die etc etc, its not about 1 person killing loadsa people its about full on army battles and that ROCKS
    I hosted a 10vs10 game last night (with AI players thrown in) and it got quite gritty in the end. Lots of tactical play, people hiding in bushes and buildings e.t.c.

Once you get the hang of the method of play(ie if you run in shooting you can't bunny hop your way out of trouble) the frustration at dying immediately vanishes and you find yourself thinking more about cover, where your buddies are, how much ammo you've got e.t.c.

I'm no good on hardcore mode though, played a match the other day in hardcore. No maps, no ammo counters, no compass. It's easy to imagine how alone you could feel on a battlefield, especially once I got cut off from my team mates.