Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

driving test!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've got my driving test tomorrow :( and im so nervous!

Can anyone give me any handy tips??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok, first of all dont get yourself worked up and nervous! Just imagine that you're with your instructor just doing a practice run.

The instrcutors usually chat to you while ur doing it, so its nice n relaxed. Also dont be disheartened is you do fail, it took me three go's to do it, so dont loose heart and keep going.

Good luck!
    thanks :D im more worried about my speed more than anything, i can never tell a 30 zone from a 40 if they dont have they signs up haha

its at 11:11 ahhh!
    You just need to stay calm! When I took mine, I thought I made a major error in like the first 5 mins. So I thought I failed and totally relaxed. Turned out I passed! Just imagine its not the real test, but a practice! x
    Well then? how'd it go?
    I failed 4 tests, eventually passing 5th time. On my third test I failed before I had even left the test centre- I rolled out across the junction when exiting- the examiner had to slam his break on. I knew I had failed and almost said lets just go back but I thought I might as well use the experience.

Hope you passed.
    I failed 3 times and passed on my 4th, so yeh it is good advice to keep on trying and don't give you you will get there :) I was SO nervous i started to cry whilst waiting for the examiner :/ but it seemed to get rid of my nerves slightly lol. I also took my time over the driving, not letting any other drivers make me go faster/slower, just concentrating on a nice, smooth drive. I got my worst manoeuvre (reverse around a corner) and i was dreading it! but i again, just took it slow, made all my checks, and it turned out ok :)

Let us know how you got on! x
    Succeeded at my 3rd attempt.

1st go I made 2 major mistakes - knew i'd failed.

2nd attempt I was utterly daft, was going to pass until i got back to the test centre and nearly hit another car whilst it was parking - d'oh.

3rd time i passed despite some accidental speeding.

A lot depends on the examiner, if they are generous they might let you of one mistake if they generally deem you capable. If they are of a grumpy disposition they will just apply the rulebook to the letter!
    Oh no Not ANOTHER female on the road!

Female drivers are rubbish......Hope your not one of them.:)

So how did your driving test go?
    sounds really obvious, but just don't make a serious/dangerous driving fault! i failed first two times, first because i was nervous i pulled out too quickly at a roundabout; second for driving too slowly because i was paranoid about unmarked crossroads. but both those times, i had only had minors in one or two catagories; third time i got 14 minors and it was rubbish, i hit the kerb doing a three point turn and stalled three or four times on the hillstart, but i scraped a pass because i didn't have any serious/dangerous faults down. i've since done pass plus, and my driving has improved dramatically, i think passing your test is only the starting point in learning smooth driving.

ps. as you posted on the 9th, how did it go?!
    Yeah I was also wondering how it went?
    Listen to this guys, I got into my car with the test instructor, he was checking if the car was suitable to take a test in, and the friggin tax disc was out of date....:| thanks alot driving instructor

i cant have my test till the 8th of feb, luckily im getting a free test and free lessons till my test because hes at fault and i wasnt.

Female drivers are rubbish......Hope your not one of them.:)

So how did your driving test go?

:banghead: :yeees: :mad: :grump:
    Bummer. :(

Just to boost my male superiority syndrome, I passed both bike and car tests first time, as well as both theory tests... ;)
    Listen to this guys, I got into my car with the test instructor, he was checking if the car was suitable to take a test in, and the friggin tax disc was out of date....:| thanks alot driving instructor

i cant have my test till the 8th of feb, luckily im getting a free test and free lessons till my test because hes at fault and i wasnt.

Aww that sucks! at least you get free lessons though!

Female drivers are rubbish......

AAHHHHHHHH!!!!! :grump: :impissed: :rolleyes: :mad:
    thanks guys! i was gutted :(

and guys, female drivers are good! sorry we arnt lunatics like you lot ;)
    I'll have you know I'm a bloody good driver!

Plus we all know the best drivers dont pass by bluffing their way through their first exam ;)
    haha! i've heard of cases were people have bribed the examiner, and they have actually taken the bribe!
    Ok SOME are rubbish at driving!
    my first test went all wrong as well, first the car had some random electrical issue where the brakes didn't always work (eek) and THEN after we got another car... the test centres were on strike that day!!! *doh*
    Ok SOME are rubbish at driving!

From my observations, idiot drivers are pretty equal in numbers from both the male and the female camp.

:mad:
    skakitty wrote: »
    my first test went all wrong as well, first the car had some random electrical issue where the brakes didn't always work (eek) and THEN after we got another car... the test centres were on strike that day!!! *doh*

ahh i bet that must be annoying! Did you get your money back from them?
    In the history of the site has there ever been a thread about driving where somebody hasn't made the obligatory women are bad drivers comment?

And I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your test, LUB. What a crock that you now have to wait that long for something that wasn't your fault! They should have rescheduled you for the next day.
    Yep= well, i got it rescheduled, i had to wait 2 weeks thou for a free space!
    my name wrote: »
    In the history of the site has there ever been a thread about driving where somebody hasn't made the obligatory women are bad drivers comment?

And I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your test, LUB. What a crock that you now have to wait that long for something that wasn't your fault! They should have rescheduled you for the next day.

ah thanks my name! exactly its ridiculous to be honest, and hes an ex copper, so he should no all this tax disk bussiness. Im looking everyday for cancellations, but nothing :(
    Yep= well, i got it rescheduled, i had to wait 2 weeks thou for a free space!

You were lucky to get another test in two weeks! theres normally a fecking 8 week waiting time :(
    Ok, on my first test I phailed on a simple thing, I didn't mirror, signal manouver, I signalled to early causing another car to slow for me = fail!

I was also phailed on driving to close to parked cars.. never worked that one out...

Anyways, been driving over a year now, all I have to report is a bump in a cap park, partly my fault for not double checking my mirrors.

I drive around 250 miles a week though, so I'm happy with that :)

Ohmygod that's awful!

I've got my test on wednesday 12.37..... So scared! Haven't had a proper lesson in nearly two months, I am praying it doesn't snow!
    Well it took me six times in total. But there are positives to failing multiple times. 1) You get the chance to know the examiners lol 2) You will be far more confident when you first go out driving alone, if you've had to face the pressure of tests several times before.
    Please check the dates on threads.
This discussion has been closed.